Author Topic: Anyone like airport lighting?  (Read 1749 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Anyone like airport lighting? « on: June 29, 2018, 09:22:44 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
My answer is short and to the point: Yes
And do you like airports in general (for aesthetic reasons)

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone like airport lighting? « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 01:36:17 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
even with them switching over to LED, you would still like them?

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Anyone like airport lighting? « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 08:38:30 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
even with them switching over to LED, you would still like them?

Well, if think of it for aesthetic reasons then yes but otherwise no, plus LED lighting can sometimes look cool but not as cool as HID or fluorescent

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone like airport lighting? « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 05:27:18 PM » Author: Ash
In Ben Gurion Airport (Israel) the departures waiting hall of terminal 3 have big windows, which face some of the planes taxying area. The part immediate to the terminal is lit with LED and the part further away with SON

The LED lights glare to the point where they are painful to look at even from within the building, and light the area to some brightness, not very bright and not too dim either

The SON lights are much less glary and the area around them is lit much brighter
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Anyone like airport lighting? « Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 10:16:18 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I like tower strobe beacons. They're associated with the airport lighting.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Anyone like airport lighting? « Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 10:25:24 AM » Author: Men of God
上海浦东机场还是金卤灯,也就是比较高的地方采用,如果低的地方就是LED了。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone like airport lighting? « Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 08:49:48 PM » Author: boiler1011
I find high intensity airport approach lighting neat, and do have a few obstruction lights and taxiway lights in my collection. I do eventually want a rotating beacon, though. I made the mistake of letting one get away a few years ago, and haven't had much lucking finding one since. Everyone on eBay seems to think they are worth the price of a small house.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Anyone like airport lighting? « Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 11:56:56 AM » Author: Cole D.
I don't go around airports very often, but they did interest me as a kid, especially since a lot of my children's books had airports in them. I especially like airports for the traffic control towers and the weather measuring instruments. I sometimes call the airport weather numbers and listen to the automated reports.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies