Author Topic: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery?  (Read 9971 times)
form109
How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « on: November 14, 2008, 11:03:09 PM » Author: form109
ok here's the deal you will post about how you you found the lighting gallery,i'll start.

really i just stumbled onto the lighting-gallery,it quickly became my favorite place on the net!
SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:12:43 AM » Author: SeanB~1
I was googling for info on a particular lamp........ The rest is history!
Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 12:19:06 AM » Author: Mercury Man
I was bored at work one day, and somehow, after doing a search for fluorescent and mercury vapor lights, I happened upon Geoff's pictures of his NEMA hanging on his wall in his bedroom.  Then I realized that his pics were posted on this website, and the rest is history!  Actually, it was only about a month and a half ago.  I also saw Jace's pics too, after googling streetlights, and Dave Lay's You Tube videos about preheat lights.  When I found this website I thought I died and went to heaven!!!
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:11:37 AM » Author: lite_lover
I was searching for a particular street light,when I came upon the lighting-gallery.It has also become one of my favorite sites.

The brighter the better.

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 02:27:25 AM » Author: Mercury Man
I'm addicted to this site!!!
DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 03:32:28 AM » Author: DimBulb
I had just discovered YouTube and decided to search for lighting videos. I happened to find one of Jace's videos and thought it was so cool that I signed up and left a comment. When he responded to my comment, he told me about L-G!!!! It just seemed too good to be true!!!
THANKS JACE!!!

My very first word was LIGHT!

form109
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 11:12:02 AM » Author: form109
ok i really just stumble onto lg,i actually found lighting gallery when i started searching google for streetlights,and hid lamps.
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 02:21:26 PM » Author: sparkie
I found it via a link at the end of a Wiki article about - you guessed it - street lamps!

But the link has now disappeared  ???  - see the article here
GEm1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 02:55:55 PM » Author: GEm1000
I used to watch Tudorwhiz's Youtube videos all the time and leave comments. The started messaging him. Then he told me about this site and since then i loved it. :)
Mr. Big
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 08:12:53 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Been on this site for 4 years, really don't remember how I found it!
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 10:41:56 PM » Author: FGS
Me, I was googling for info about a LCD projector lamp and LPS that I have found in High School. (Both of which I couldn't have.) I found clubsilicon's (dead for unknown reasons) website then on his/her links page I found metal-halide.net (dead to open up more memory in LG), then on the links page I found this place. I didn't register right away, I looked around the pictures in this place then I found an old looking Ikea 11w CFL. That's when I decided to register and post that first picture to find out about that lamp.

This place rules! ;D ;D

Anyone knows what happened to the webmaster of clubsilicon? I heard he/she was a member here.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:43:35 PM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 12:16:38 PM » Author: Foxtronix
In my case I was visiting the Frangioso's streetlighting gallery and a link to LG was on the home page. At this time (in Sep. 07), I wasn't able to subscribe me because the Registering function wasn't working at all! Less than 2 weeks after registering was repaired, I susbcribed me to this site!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 05:16:51 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I had just discovered YouTube and decided to search for lighting videos. I happened to find one of Jace's videos and thought it was so cool that I signed up and left a comment. When he responded to my comment, he told me about L-G!!!! It just seemed too good to be true!!!
THANKS JACE!!!

YOUR WELCOME, WHEN WILL YOU MEET DAVE?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 05:17:55 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Been on this site for 4 years, really don't remember how I found it!

LG isn't even 4 years old yet.....
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:19:56 AM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Mr. Big
Re: How Did You Find The Lighting-Gallery? « Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 09:04:25 AM » Author: Mr. Big
November 07, 2005 is when I joined It's November 2008, so yes, it is 4 years old!  ;D
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies