Author Topic: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests.  (Read 1699 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « on: November 13, 2020, 09:54:46 AM » Author: HPS_250
This bug seems to have started happening within the last few days. When I am logged into this site, all members who have hidden email addresses do not have visible email addresses. However, when I log out of the site, I can view the email address of any member by clicking on the “mail” icon below their profile photo. From what I can tell, this means that any guest can view any member’s email while the bug is active. Could it be fixed? Thank you for any help.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:08:04 PM by HPS_250 » Logged

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 01:02:44 PM » Author: Binarix128
That needs to be corrected as quickly as possible, spammers like the one I got a few days ago might exploit that bug for their spam.  @-@
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 01:08:43 PM » Author: HPS_250
That needs to be corrected as quickly as possible, spammers like the one I got a few days ago might exploit that bug for their spam.  @-@

I agree, spam mail is never good. I got a spam email for something called “LED Balloon Tower light” a few days ago.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 01:10:43 PM » Author: Binarix128
I agree, spam mail is never good. I got a spam email for something called “LED Balloon Tower light” a few days ago.
Coincidence! I also got an LED related spam.  :poof:

After discovering that exploit all they need to do is to add a little script to their existing auto-spammer, that automatically connects data from Google and other sites with trackers.

I'll recommend all you to keep your use of Google services as a minimal.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:13:50 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 02:44:11 PM » Author: Rommie
This is something Patrick needs to look into, hopefully it'll be fixed soon  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 02:54:20 PM » Author: Patrick
Sorry about that, we overlooked it during testing.  The 'hide_email' property name had changed, and I missed updating the gallery profile which reads it.  Since 'hide_email' was no longer set, it began showing email all the time.  I've switched it to use the new property.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 02:55:45 PM » Author: Rommie
Yes that looks ok now, glad it was a simple fix  :)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 03:01:24 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Glad the issue has been fixed! :)

zzz

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 03:04:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Oops... :-[
We all do things like that at times.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 08:04:06 PM » Author: LampLover

Yes when talking about email SPAM sucks but back in high school I used to fry up some SPAM and cut it into pieces and put them into a bowel of ramen noodle soup that was very tasty (and also UN-healthy) ramen noodle soups were a lot cheaper 19 years ago (8 for $1 not the 3-4 for $1 like now) they also had a lot more flavor variety back then.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies