Author Topic: What music do you listen?  (Read 7610 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 10:19:32 AM » Author: HPS_250
We like most things, but crap with a silent c doesn't qualify as music in our book  :sick:

I completely agree! I can’t stand rap.  :sick:

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 11:18:52 AM » Author: joseph_125
Most classic rock and modern rock/alternative and a little punk and metal too.

To be honest, I'm ok with most types of music, the only genres I dislike are rap and trap and don't get me started about TikTok. Granted it's not really catered towards my demographic.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 12:08:40 PM » Author: takemorepills
Hey y'all who keep referring to rap as "crap -c" try to consider you may be perceived as rude to other members who have already stated that they enjoy rap.

No need to be salty about something you don't like  ::)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 12:15:53 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah ok, I'll give you that.

But it would be interesting to me for someone who does like it to explain exactly what they see in it, because try as I might, I just can't see anything musical in it.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 12:26:48 PM » Author: takemorepills
Yeah ok, I'll give you that.

But it would be interesting to me for someone who does like it to explain exactly what they see in it, because try as I might, I just can't see anything musical in it.

I see you REALLY dislike rap.

For me, I grew up on welfare raised by a single mom in a ghetto in South Central Phoenix. Rap is relatable to me. The anger towards police who have wronged them, hoes who have wronged them, friends who have stabbed them in the back, being shot at, having to carry a gun, getting beat down by a gang, chasing that paper (money), nice cars, etc totally relatable to me. I am pretty sure if I had a review of your lifestyle I could posit that there are things not understandable about your lifestyle also. However, I wouldn't like you to "explain exactly what (you) see in it".
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 01:03:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
I had a friend who liked rap, and let's say had been through a lot. I'd listen to it sometimes with him, and I understood where the artists were coming from, and I won't say I hate it anything, but yeah, it's not as easy for me to relate to it. But the same could be said of other types of music. I mean, could a person who had always lived in a city necessarily relate to country music? Would person born in the 2000s understand 50s/60s music?

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 01:12:19 PM » Author: Binarix128
Everyone have different preferences, and if anyone likes or dislikes something that you don't is better to just understand it, and not getting in arguments or fights.  :)

That criticism to whatever music style is to the music style itself, the people who decide to listen to such music is another story.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 01:32:06 PM » Author: Rommie
At the end of the day, music is one of the most subjective things on the planet. Each to their own. I love classical music, for example, but I wouldn't expect everyone to like it.

I couldn't imagine the lifestyle that takemorepills describes, the very thought of it terrifies me and I grew up in London, which isn't exactly a small place. But we had different upbringings, probably in different times (I am now in my mid 60's) so in a way I do "get it" although rap as a music genre will never be to my taste.

That's enough said for me, I think.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #23 on: November 29, 2020, 02:04:40 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
One type of music that we love to listen to is Organ Music  :love:
This video has one of the best examples we have heard, and the organist was playing from memory, which is sight seldom seen.!!  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #24 on: November 29, 2020, 04:16:46 PM » Author: Ash
A word about Rap

Its not my choice of music (by far), but I know some Rap in English (mostly of US origin) and some of the "Oriental" style so common here

The US Rap is music (like it or not). The latter though, well there are few and far inbetween okay songs, but the most is incredible trash that deletes your brain just from hearing it. That, or it makes you want to go to the city's old center to buy some drugs and drown yourself just to escape from the music. (Maybe that is the point ?)

Maybe its unfair to compare the way i do, after all, English rap i know is the likes of Tupac and Eminem, while the Oriental i hear around is whatever that's played loud by some A-hole from the next house....
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #25 on: November 29, 2020, 05:33:21 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Some rap is good, but a lot of "rappers" on sound could and other platforms scrambling for success but putting out horrid songs dilutes the whole image.

But anyway i listen to a lot of pink floyd because alot of it resonates with the experiences i had in middle school of being shunned out for who i was. I also like some rock music and hate alot of modern stuff because it jsut does not sound good.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #26 on: November 29, 2020, 06:45:34 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Some rap is good, but a lot of "rappers" on sound could and other platforms scrambling for success but putting out horrid songs dilutes the whole image.

But anyway i listen to a lot of pink floyd because alot of it resonates with the experiences i had in middle school of being shunned out for who i was. I also like some rock music and hate alot of modern stuff because it jsut does not sound good.
Do you like Rush? I am starting to like Pink Floyd too.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

WigWag
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 06:40:09 PM » Author: WigWag
Now here's a topic I can get lost! I love music and can't go a day without it. I love good classic rock, 80s rock, heavy metal, but I also love some good country stuff, that's my dad's influence  ;)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 09:48:06 PM » Author: Binarix128
I also like most of the stuff passed in the radio. I listen to FM and AM sometimes.  :) I'm surprised that there are still a lot of AM radios broadcasting here by some reason.  :wndr:
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What music do you listen? « Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 10:15:13 PM » Author: CEB1993
I’m a big music fan! My top favorite genres are classic rock and classic country. Some of my favorite bands/artists:

The Eagles
Talking Heads
Don Henley
Rush
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Johnny Cash
Alan Jackson
Jimmy Buffett
Bowling for Soup
Van Morrison
Steve Miller Band
John Mayer (Early Works)
Big Country
Rod Stewart

Just to name some of my top favorites...

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies