Author Topic: HPS VS LED fixtures  (Read 1714 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
HPS VS LED fixtures « on: December 28, 2020, 09:28:46 PM » Author: Binarix128
https://youtu.be/wIC-iGDTU40

Despite he's being pretty critical with both I think he missed some facts about LED streetlights, like the lifespan, the blinking LEDs that can be dangerous, the phosphor degradation and the eyestrain caused by the higher color temperatures that can also lead to accidents.
Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS VS LED fixtures « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 11:00:09 PM » Author: Xytrell
Lifespan is down to build quality, not the technology as a whole.
Lumen depreciation applies to all light sources. Metal halide for instance also degrades comparatively rapidly over time.
Higher color temperatures cause eyestrain? I suppose in your mind, metal halide, mercury vapor, fluorescent, any modern screen/monitor, and sunlight are somehow exceptions.

I suspect that, just like many here, you just don't like new things and you don't like change; you're grasping for any tenuous excuse to hate progress. Baring that, the sentiment I often see is the false dichotomy of "X isn't perfect, therefore X is trash"
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies