Author Topic: Are we allowed to upload lighting related documents?  (Read 232 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting forever! Slap Count: 1

Are we allowed to upload lighting related documents? « on: January 22, 2021, 04:46:17 PM » Author: HPS_250
For example, I have some PDF files of older Westinghouse HID lamp catalogs, and some files of older street lighting specification sheets and brochures. Can I upload PDF documents? If it is allowed, should I just upload them into the gallery?

I like all kinds of lighting, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps! :hps: :lps: :hps:

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Are we allowed to upload lighting related documents? « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 10:11:16 AM » Author: sox35
As long as there aren't too many, then usually yes. It also depends on whether you need permission to do so; some commercial documents require permission from the copyright holder.

Also, you must give attribution to the original author/photographer.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting forever! Slap Count: 1

Re: Are we allowed to upload lighting related documents? « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 10:32:05 AM » Author: HPS_250
As long as there aren't too many, then usually yes. It also depends on whether you need permission to do so; some commercial documents require permission from the copyright holder.

Also, you must give attribution to the original author/photographer.

I only have 4 documents to upload. I will need to find out who the original author is and if the documents are copyrighted.

I like all kinds of lighting, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps! :hps: :lps: :hps:

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are we allowed to upload lighting related documents? « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 07:16:21 AM » Author: Olav
For example, I have some PDF files of older Westinghouse HID lamp catalogs, and some files of older street lighting specification sheets and brochures. Can I upload PDF documents? If it is allowed, should I just upload them into the gallery?

Hello HPS_250,

i don't see any problem if you show an old catalog as a PDF document.
These catalogs were public. You don't copy a book completely.
That would be a different topic, also legally.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines