Author Topic: Enclosed ballast for 100W mercury (F-Can type)?  (Read 2502 times)
Bottled lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Enclosed ballast for 100W mercury (F-Can type)? « Reply #15 on: July 17, 2023, 10:55:13 PM » Author: Bottled lightning
I found these on ebay and remembered this thread, they should run 75/80w MV lamps if you disconnect the ignitors.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/374706162798?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Enclosed ballast for 100W mercury (F-Can type)? « Reply #16 on: July 17, 2023, 11:08:30 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
They should be good for 75w H43 mercury vapor lamps, but European 80w mercury vapor lamps will be underdriven quite a bit. Your best bet for running a European 80w mercury vapor lamp is to either use a 70w M98 pulse start metal halide ballast with the ignitor disconnected although the lamp will be slightly overdriven but run within 10% of the rated current and another option is to use a 4 foot to 8 foot T12 HO rapid start fluorescent tube ballast for them with the heating transformer wires disconnected.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies