Author Topic: better way way way late than never!  (Read 511 times)
F20T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Low pressure sodium lights are awesome!!!!!!!

HPSMVF Lighting
better way way way late than never! « on: March 09, 2021, 02:21:21 PM » Author: F20T12
hi, my name is Perry, and I am 12 years old. I forgot to post this one I first joined, so I'm going to post it now! I've been collecting lights for a little over a year now, and I absolutely love it! I've been in love with lights ever since I was one year old, I just love the way they turned off and turned on. about a year ago I found a YouTube channel called dieselducy, he collects preheat fluorescent light fixtures, and after watching a few of those preheat fluorescent light fixture videos I was obsessed with preheat fluorescent. I was so obsessed, that I told my mom I wanted to start collecting preheat fluorescent, but I didn't know where to find them. one day I was watching dieselducy's channel and I heard him say he got his preheat fluorescent light fixture from lighting Gallery user paintballer22.so I came here on lighting Gallery expecting this place to be a website where you can buy preheat fluorescent light fixtures, lol. I asked to join and the administrators let me in, I started searching for preheat fluorescent lights. after looking for fluorescent light fixtures for about 2 hours one day I finally realized this is where you post pictures of your lights, not where you buy lights. so I stopped coming here on lighting gallery for about two months when finally I found my first preheat fluorescent light fixture!I was so happy I finally got it! I found out how to upload pictures here and I posted a picture of it.https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=13124&pos=122&pid=168733  .... literally a day after I posted this picture I saw a video by technology connections... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dMlVwUsrA . where he explained that the orange light coming from the street lights are   called high-pressure sodium. after that video I got obsessed with all kinds of HID lighting. a big thank you to dieselducy, technology connections, and parrot175 for the great information.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 02:23:57 PM by F20T12 » Logged

I am 12 years old and I love to collect lights.

now probably suffering from the Westinghouse lifeguard disease!!! "in life, it's the little things done consistently that make a person truly great."

Formerly know as hpsmvf.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: better way way way late than never! « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:07:41 PM » Author: sox35
Hi Perry, a belated welcome from us here in the frozen North-East of Scotland  :love:

By the way, can I recommend you read this information about posting links, especially potentially long ones like eBay listings, that way they don't go off the end of the screen and potentially break.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 04:20:04 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: better way way way late than never! « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 04:14:24 PM » Author: rjluna2
Is that the youngest member in this site who are interested in light bulbs :D

I have been interested in light bulb since I was a baby.  I'm 56 years old now and did discovered that I was not alone when I joined at this site about 12 years ago.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Desultory

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: better way way way late than never! « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 05:02:47 PM » Author: Desultory
Hi Perry glad to have you on board!
I'm also greatful for the eBay link you sent me awhile back for some F24T12 Westinghouse slimline blackenders!
Two of them are now in my collection.

"Nothing is as risky as certain failure"

F20T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Low pressure sodium lights are awesome!!!!!!!

HPSMVF Lighting
Re: better way way way late than never! « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 05:40:45 PM » Author: F20T12
Hi Perry glad to have you on board!
I'm also greatful for the eBay link you sent me awhile back for some F24T12 Westinghouse slimline blackenders!
Two of them are now in my collection.
more links are coming your way! 8)

I am 12 years old and I love to collect lights.

now probably suffering from the Westinghouse lifeguard disease!!! "in life, it's the little things done consistently that make a person truly great."

Formerly know as hpsmvf.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the SOX!

Re: better way way way late than never! « Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 05:57:59 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Is that the youngest member in this site who are interested in light bulbs :D
Technically speaking, Metal Halide Boy is the youngest member on LG.

Interests: sprinklers, fire alarms, fans, sirens, and most importantly - lights

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

PM me to donate to the Belmont HS Baseball Team!

Re: better way way way late than never! « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 08:27:46 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Welcome aboard, even if itís a late welcome! I didnít post one of these either but Iím not sure if I should do one now as Iíve been on this site for almost 2 years! I was also 12 when I joined!

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.
Usually my jersey # is 10 (100w) but for this time on my HS team it's 17 (175w lol).

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: better way way way late than never! « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 02:36:00 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Well welcome perry, should do one of these myself! ;D I donít think I even met you until now! :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines