Author Topic: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP  (Read 1380 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « on: December 10, 2022, 07:04:54 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I am looking for one of these much-maligned residential/shoplight ballasts - specifically this model. eBay seems to have none at the moment.

I have shipping addresses in both the United States and Canada. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 11:10:51 PM by themaritimegirl » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 03:14:37 PM » Author: joseph_125
Unfortunately it seems like the only listing on eBay sold in early November. I'd save a eBay search with the exact model number, that way if something like that gets listed eBay will send you a email.

You might be able to harvest one from fixtures from FB Marketplace/Kijiji, it's a bit tedious but you could find listings with shoplight style fixtures that you think might have it and then ask the seller for a picture of the ballast.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 05:14:55 PM » Author: High Intensity
I have a HB-234-TP I'd be willing to give away, as well as many other residential ballasts that I would be happy to sell or trade.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 09:23:28 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I have a HB-234-TP I'd be willing to give away, as well as many other residential ballasts that I would be happy to sell or trade.

I sent you a message :)

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 09:26:37 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Did not hear back, so this thread is still open  :)

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 10:10:46 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I used to have this:

I'm fairly sure I don't have this ballast anymore. But it isn't impossible it found its way into a storage box rather than being disposed of... I have a box filled with fluorescent ballasts and I no longer remember precisely what's in there, I need to check again LOL.

It's not specifically an Advance HB-234-TP, granted LOL. If you're looking for other dual-lamp NPF ballasts as well, I can check whether or not I still have this one.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 11:27:31 PM » Author: Patrick
I have a Radionic I'd be willing to part with.  It doesn't even manage to pull 40W when driving two lamps, let alone the 80+ required to reach anywhere close to full power.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #7 on: December 17, 2022, 05:21:33 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I used to have this:

I'm fairly sure I don't have this ballast anymore. But it isn't impossible it found its way into a storage box rather than being disposed of... I have a box filled with fluorescent ballasts and I no longer remember precisely what's in there, I need to check again LOL.

It's not specifically an Advance HB-234-TP, granted LOL. If you're looking for other dual-lamp NPF ballasts as well, I can check whether or not I still have this one.

This ballast has a label very similar to some Mexican market Advance made ballasts that were branded “Lumicon”.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Wanted: Advance HB-234-TP « Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023, 11:09:43 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Well, I finally got my hands on an HB-234-TP, and not only does it behave completely differently to other HB-234-TPs documented on here, I believe that it's actually an HPF ballast. I've talked all about it here.

I have a Radionic I'd be willing to part with.  It doesn't even manage to pull 40W when driving two lamps, let alone the 80+ required to reach anywhere close to full power.

I may take you up on that offer in the near future. Thanks!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies