Author Topic: Pictures of crappy electrical work  (Read 3213 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 02:35:17 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’ve heard from electrician where they found a literal rat’s nest of wires in a attic once, that house had to be totally rewired as a result.
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 02:37:06 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I’ve heard from electrician where they found a literal rat’s nest of wires in a attic once, that house had to be totally rewired as a result.

Wow! It must’ve been BAD if the house had to be totally rewired!  :poof:
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 05:16:36 PM » Author: Ash
This is from the attic of a shop in the village. The wiring shown is entering a luminaire in the room below

Conduit and wiring eaten by rats to the point of bare copper. Judging by the quantity of mess and cobwebs and the greened copper it had been like that for years. It was in a live lighting circuit and is live at the time of the photo, as can be seen in the 2nd pic (tested with a Fluke VoltAlert)

(Pic taken by me ~1 month ago, was replaced right away)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 11:51:48 PM » Author: Lumex120
Gaze upon this beautiful wiring job of a 70w metal halide ballast done by nobody other than yours truly. To be fair I was like 12 when I did this but I came across this pic again and cringed.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #19 on: May 02, 2021, 09:02:08 AM » Author: Rommie
Gaze upon this beautiful wiring job of a 70w metal halide ballast done by nobody other than yours truly. To be fair I was like 12 when I did this but I came across this pic again and cringed.
I've seen worse, and by people a lot older than 12  ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of crappy electrical work « Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 10:01:39 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I got one to show, I’ll post it tonight.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies