Author Topic: When was deluxe white halophosphates phased out?  (Read 320 times)
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

When was deluxe white halophosphates phased out? « on: February 21, 2024, 02:36:12 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Anyone knows what year triphosphor was adopted in wide use in fluorescent lamps and deluxe white halophosphates phased out?

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When was deluxe white halophosphates phased out? « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 04:59:45 PM » Author: Laurens
In the Netherlands (and probably the rest of Europe), the 1970 Philips catalogue (dutch market) does not mention triphosphor lamps yet.
The 1979 British catalog already suggests to quit using the Deluxe colors, in favor of the Super 80 triphosphor lamps, because of the seriously big efficiency difference.
The 1989 UK catalog also still says the old colors were still available but only recommended for spot replacements.
I'll browse some more catalogs to see when exactly the triphosphors were launched in Europe.

I have never seen Deluxe halophosphate tubes in stores for as long as i've conciously looked at such things (so let's say from 2015 onwards). The only halophosphate tubes i know i could (and can!) buy, are the cold white 33/640 conventional ones. Neither have i ever seen T12 lamps in stores for sale. Those were already gone well before i reached adulthood.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When was deluxe white halophosphates phased out? « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 12:15:45 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
That would be nice. So I would imagine that by 1985 at least most common colors like 4000K would have been phased out in large scale use. I remember someone saying here that the transition was pretty fast due to big difference in efficiency.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When was deluxe white halophosphates phased out? « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:51:23 PM » Author: Michael
Here some data which I know at least:

- My oldest tri- phosphor fluorescent lamp is a Philips TLH 40W/84 from 1975. So Philips introduced their first fluorescent with that phosphor around 1974/75
- Philips De Luxe colours like the /32 and /34 were delisted around 1984. Special colours like /37, /47 and /57 toward the end of the 1980s when new fife- band tri- phosphor tubes were made available like the /93, /94, /95 and /96.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: When was deluxe white halophosphates phased out? « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 12:46:05 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Outside of Europe, there are a few countries that still have deluxe halophosphate fluorescent tubes still being sold today such as the GE Chroma 50 tubes for the USA and the “N-SDL” fluorescent tubes for Japan.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies