Author Topic: Old electrical and lighting dealer- what should I save?  (Read 3739 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Old electrical and lighting dealer- what should I save? « Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 12:06:21 AM » Author: Bulbman256
This is all great stuff! :o Post this to the gallery, more people look there and would be happy to help with info. This Site is great if you need info, lots of different bulbs and if you click the words of each type there is loads of info on how they all work, cheers! :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: Old electrical and lighting dealer- what should I save? « Reply #16 on: July 06, 2021, 01:11:30 PM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
Neat! Looks like a lot of stuff that can be sold or donated. Those PG17 tubes were expensive new, so they should still be worth a couple dollars per tube even though the demand for them is low. The art deco fixtures and stuff can be valuable, especially the ones that are New, Old Stock (NOS).

If you can take the time, I think selling that stuff off is best. Or find someone to sell it for you. Scrapping it will not bring much money, and the fluorescent tubes will cost money to dispose of since they contain a lot of mercury.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Old electrical and lighting dealer- what should I save? « Reply #17 on: July 17, 2021, 10:20:13 PM » Author: nicksfans
Everything you mentioned, and certainly everything you posted photos of, is worth something to many members of this site. Where are you located? Someone might be willing to do a bulk buy.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

mainstreetprod

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Old electrical and lighting dealer- what should I save? « Reply #18 on: July 17, 2021, 11:35:20 PM » Author: mainstreetprod
The items are in Hopkinsville KY, which is near Nashville TN. There are quite a few items that are not practical to ship or have little value to the average antique or collectible buyer, such as 8' fixtures from the 50's (in box), NOS boxes of 72" and 96" GE small diameter high output tubes (if I am correct in identifying them), louvers in good shape with no fixtures,  boxes of downrods such as used on large 40's department store fixtures, hundreds of green incandescent KenRad bulbs in deteriorating packaging, store window "X RAY" shades, etc. I would love for someone to roadtrip here and pick up a truckload for a VERY reasonable price. Need them out of my way to remodel. Have thrown a few things away but not without verifying they are near worthless.

Everything you mentioned, and certainly everything you posted photos of, is worth something to many members of this site. Where are you located? Someone might be willing to do a bulk buy.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies