Author Topic: 1940’s 4 tube art deco fluorescent fixture  (Read 1374 times)
Lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

1940’s 4 tube art deco fluorescent fixture « on: October 23, 2023, 03:14:03 PM » Author: Lightning
I am helping with a 4th generation hardware store liquidation and there are 10 of the pictured fluorescent  art deco light fixtures.  Looking for a value as they will be sold as part of liquidation.  How much should I ask?  I have someone interested and I have not been able to find any info on internet.  9 haven’t been active for many years but one of them has been in continuous use since the 1940’s.
Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.  Would love to see them go to someone who would appreciate them instead of in the dumpster. 

Thanks, LG Sandifer
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 01:19:59 PM by Lightning » Logged
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 1940’s 4 tube art deco fluorescent fixture « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 08:48:05 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I would be interested in having one of these beautiful fixtures at some point.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 1940’s 4 tube art deco fluorescent fixture « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 08:50:20 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think $300 or $500 might be an okay price for one of these fixtures as there are very few remaining in existence and their ornamentation is very beautiful and something you can’t see on newer fixtures. If you want to sell these fixtures to LG members, I highly recommend listing this thread in the “For Sale or Trade” section of the forum.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 08:56:11 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 1940’s 4 tube art deco fluorescent fixture « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 11:34:39 PM » Author: Lightning
Thank you for the information.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: 1940’s 4 tube art deco fluorescent fixture « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 07:24:19 PM » Author: Silverliner
These are Midwest Chandelier Co fixtures. Made in the early 1940s. You see they still got the glass in. Very rare. Most no longer have the glass.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies