Author Topic: No More Negativity please  (Read 2885 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

No More Negativity please « on: November 18, 2021, 08:17:52 AM » Author: Danny
Hello Guys girls

I would like to take my chances and put a sort of positive rule forward on this site and say...

LETS NOT HAVE ANYMORE NEGATIVE POSTS PLEASE

Please PM one of us if you have any concerns. From now we need to do this Privately.  Because when someone posts that they are upset, its dragging others into the posts and involving them, in turn they choose to leave.

Can it stop now please?. If you are upset, PM me or one of the others or find me on Facebook i will talk to you and hopefully i can resolve the situation amicably for you

I will try and delete any new negative posts i come across. I understand recent events have upset many of you but we must stop this now as its gonna bring the site down plus the forum is public to guests. This will stop potential new members joining that are currently guests.

Please PM Me or one of the others with any concerns you have from now on. We all have to work together and repair this site for everyone. I am here for you all. I will listen to your concerns and try and help the best i can, i can keep it confidential if you wish.

Danny - Administrator.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 03:39:31 PM by Danny » Logged
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: No More Negativity please « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 02:55:28 PM » Author: Danny
Well, i am over the moon with the feedback i am getting from you guys for putting this post here. I have already Recieved a few PMs today through here and other different channels thanking me for joining the Admin panel and for my work so far. I am not going to take all the recognition though as there is other admins that do amazing stuff too

Just want to let you guys know that it is absolutely no problem at all. And i am always here. Hopefully this will calm things down and we will get our site back.

I am not going to run this site like an Army camp, its not up to me or any other added administrators. As Pat is the main man. so please dont worry, i am mostly here to try and help you all and work with you to resolve issues. Not to put arsy rules. Although i feel this potential rule is needed to calm things.

Thanks all

Danny
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 03:41:45 PM by Danny » Logged
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: No More Negativity please « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 09:57:48 PM » Author: Patrick
I would like to make one minor clarification.  Recently I called for open discussion of suggestions for improving this site.  This stance on negativity in no way changes that.  However, recently we've been observing an increase in members venting their frustration and dissatisfaction openly.  Often these complaints are of a personal nature and not applicable to the administration or the site as a whole.  At times they include expressions of annoyance directed at specific members, leading to animosity. 

You all are allowed to share how you feel about this site, but if you choose to post publicly, think about how to frame your viewpoints in a positive light.  In addition, don't single out postings or photos belonging to specific members, that will only lead to resentment.  As previously stated, report poor conduct of specific members to us privately.  When making a public post, keep in mind that we want to foster constructive discourse leading to positive changes.  Going on an rant while you're upset will be counterproductive.  Instead, take a breath, gather your thoughts, and present them clearly and concisely, without condemnation or vitriol.

Thank you everyone.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies