Author Topic: Bug Reports (After October 2009)  (Read 40130 times)
TudorWhiz

View Gallery

GoL
Bug Reports (After October 2009) « on: October 20, 2009, 05:42:29 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Welcome to the new Bug Report Topic.

Post any errors you encounter with the site here.

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

magslight

View Gallery

Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:26:30 PM » Author: magslight
(ONLY A MESSAGE!)
In moment Lighting-Gallery.net works for me very good, when I get problems with it , I will say it, otherwise I will soon delete this message.
Medved

View Gallery

Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:53:52 AM » Author: Medved
I tried to reply on a forum post [http://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?action=post;topic=1291.0;num_replies=0], but got an "406 Not acceptable" error...

No more selfballasted c***

Mercury Man

View Gallery

Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:10:57 PM » Author: Mercury Man
@ Medved...

Phil has opened a trouble ticket on the error you speak of with the host.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon.  I have experienced the same error before myself, and it has resulted in the host blocking my IP address. 

Brian
joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:15:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
Hey Brian, I occasionally get a "cannot connect" error from Firefox when I try to access L-G. The only way that I found will resolve this problem is to visit L-G through a proxy or to manually reset my internet connection which changes my ip address and clears the setting on my cable modem. I wonder if the host is blocking ip addresses for some reason?

Thanks,

Joseph
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:18:41 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Rob

View Gallery

Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 02:40:56 AM » Author: Rob
I tried to modify my comment, but I got this message when I clicked on 'save' :

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Santaarnpaal

View Gallery

Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 10:05:57 AM » Author: Santaarnpaal
I get the same message if i want upload a picture.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:05:51 PM » Author: Patrick
A few pieces of information that would be helpful when you encounter a 404 Not Found are the URL of the page (copy and paste from your browser's location bar), the URL of the referring page (if applicable), the date and time of the error, and whether or not you could reproduce the problem more than once. 

The additional 404 error is caused by a missing error page.  When I have some time, I'll locate or create an error page so you'll see a more friendly error message in the future.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 08:52:22 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've gotten a similar message when I tried to upload a picture too. The error message was titled "406 Not Acceptable" and said:

"Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /gallery/upload.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

The URL of the referring page that caused this error and the error page was:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/upload.php

I got this error at around 9:45-49 PM EST I've gotten this error a few times but the pictures still managed to get uploaded on to L-G albeit with the same descriptions.

Edit: I've changed the descriptions on the pictures manually to the correct ones.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:59:37 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 12:34:28 PM » Author: Patrick
The 406 Not Acceptable error occurs when the security module on the server detects that the content you are submitting is possibly malicious.  It seems to be overly sensitive and has been identifying legitimate requests as potential attacks.  If you get several Not Acceptable responses within a short period of time, your IP address will be blocked and you will not be able to access the website from your PC until the IP address is removed from the block list or your IP address changes.  Your account will not be banned and you will still be able to access the site from a different Internet connection.  I have a ticket open with the hosting provider and I will keep you all updated on the status.  For now, if you see a Not Acceptable response, wait a little while and try again.  If you get the same response a second time, send me the message text or image file that is causing the error and I will look into why it is being flagged as a security violation.  If your IP address gets blocked, I can contact the host and have them grant it access again.  You may wish to record my e-mail address from my profile so that you can still contact me if you lose access.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Medved

View Gallery

Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 01:45:52 PM » Author: Medved
I deleted this post (on my own initiative) from public domain, as it was intended solely for admins (to help them track, so solve the bug), but on public domain it might spread false bad mood and this is not by far my intention...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:42:17 PM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 08:25:11 PM » Author: Patrick
Medved, what problems are you having with gallery pages you linked to?  Are you unable to open those pages at all or are you able to open them, but not able to comment?  If you are not able to make a comment, please send me the exact message you are attempting to post.

Lighting-Gallery.net

gailgrove

View Gallery

MVs at Dusk

Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 11:49:30 AM » Author: gailgrove
Hey Brian, I occasionally get a "cannot connect" error from Firefox when I try to access L-G. The only way that I found will resolve this problem is to visit L-G through a proxy or to manually reset my internet connection which changes my ip address and clears the setting on my cable modem. I wonder if the host is blocking ip addresses for some reason?

Thanks,

Joseph
Just wondring if you have Rogers internet, I do to and had the same problem

Say no to Induction & LED, HID forever!

joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 11:03:38 PM » Author: joseph_125

Thanks,

Joseph
Just wondring if you have Rogers internet, I do to and had the same problem

Yeah I have Rogers internet too. I think the problem is actually at the host though. I think the host tends to block specific IP address from time to time from accessing LG. I haven't had this problem for awhile so I think they might have fixed it. Anyways resetting your IP address should fix it.
Foxtronix

View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Bug Reports (After October 2009) « Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 08:50:46 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I just noticed that the signature's spell check doesn't work. Just letting admins know.  Wink

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines