Author Topic: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen?  (Read 5131 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #30 on: September 15, 2022, 06:38:22 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
A few of my church buildings have 1970s vintage Sylvania Lifeline F40T12 in some of the closets, that rarely get used.  I've pulled these out to add to my collection and put in newer T12 tubes.  I have quite a number of Philips, GE, and Sylvania (and some off brands) from the 1980s and early 90s as well. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #31 on: September 15, 2022, 10:15:59 AM » Author: funkybulb
I had pair westinghouse  lasted  26 years  on rapid start
And it was installed my  my grandfather in 1984.  It  lasted
 Almost whole time ive  lived in that old house.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #32 on: September 15, 2022, 11:54:08 AM » Author: Burrito
There was Philips Alto's i found from the early 2000's that are still burning to this day

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #33 on: September 15, 2022, 08:03:25 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I just changed out 2 1997/98 vintage EoL Philips F32T8 700 series 3000K  tubes last night at one of my buildings. These were the first gen Altos and they lasted quite well.  This was the only series of Philips Alto tubes that I have been impressed with.  Sadly, when Philips converted things to the Alto line, their T8s really suffered for durability when it comes to their cathodes.  The cathodes have always been very weak in the Alto T8s and many would break off at the ends, rendering the tube useless after a few minutes or hours of use.  I've dealt with hundreds of these.  As the Alto series progressed, it seemed that so did their weak cathode issues.  The cathode guards were fine, and sometimes these guards would extend the life of the broken cathode tubes, and sometimes they would even run so hot during EoL that they would melt the sockets or occasionally even blow an electronic ballast fuse.   

My supplier stopped selling the Phillips tubes because of the weak cathode issues and all the returns he would get. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: How long has the longest-lived fluorescent tube you have ever seen? « Reply #34 on: September 20, 2022, 08:29:26 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
There was Philips Alto's i found from the early 2000's that are still burning to this day
The Philips Alto series has a long lifespan of around 45,000 hours. The nominal life of my T10 lamp is only 6,000 hours.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies