Author Topic: MV ban part 2  (Read 15804 times)
DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 03:58:33 AM » Author: DaveMan
A petition has been issued. I encourage all of you to sign it:
http://www.petitiononline.com/20016323/petition.html
Save our Mercury Vapor lighting!

I saw this petition and signed it and I think it is a good start, but one problem. The petition cited zero scientific articles and had a few spelling errors which doesn't exactly prove our case. I don't think this by itself will be very convincing to the government. For it to be effective, it would have to cite some sources and maybe be a bit more well written, but it's a good start. Brian and myself are also working on one, but hey, you can sign both of them. It won't cause any harm either way.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:00:18 AM by DaveMan » Logged

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 09:52:29 PM » Author: DaveMan
And the new petition is completed. Feel free to add your input or comment on it here as well and spread the word!
Thanks and enjoy your week!
Dave.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:39:06 PM by DaveMan » Logged

David L.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 10:32:21 PM » Author: FGS
Well written! I voted.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 10:37:16 PM » Author: DaveMan
Cool glad to hear it

David L.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 11:07:56 PM » Author: Patrick
Do you all think city governments and utility companies would generally support or oppose a ban?  In some parts of the country, new mercury vapor fixtures were being installed right up until the ballast ban.  I can't imagine they'd be happy to find out they'll need to allocate funds to replace them early.  Obviously many areas are moving away from MV, but I'm sure they'd prefer to do it on their own schedule. 

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 04:53:04 AM » Author: bluelights
where can I find the petition?

"The orange cloud looks like floating nuclear waste."
Save the mercury lamp

tpirman1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV25 Silverliners are classical!

david.frangioso
Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 11:13:43 AM » Author: tpirman1982
http://www.petitiononline.com/20016323/petition.html

where can I find the petition?

My street light gallery is located at
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/tpirman1982/index.html

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 11:33:36 AM » Author: bluelights
tpirman1982, I already signed that petition, I just thought there is a new one by DaveMan...

Save the mercury lamp

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 12:03:35 PM » Author: DaveMan
tpirman1982, I already signed that petition, I just thought there is a new one by DaveMan...

There is. I had to temporarily take the link off. When I can, I will put it back up. In the meantime. I will PM you the link.

David L.

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 05:29:32 PM » Author: KEDER
Someone else saw the petition from the other message board... they replied to my topic...

They supposedly are FOR the ban. no idea.

But ill still see what others say.
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 09:28:32 PM » Author: tmcdllr
I will sign anything that will protect MV from these idiots.

woohoo I am #25!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:21:05 PM by tmcdllr » Logged

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 09:56:08 AM » Author: DaveMan
I think I've got the green light to re post this so here we go! Again, feel free to let me know what you think.

http://www.petitiononline.com/16mercvp/petition.html

That's the link. What else could help? Maybe I could do a youtube video about this. Maybe even write and perform a short mercury vapor song. Any and all thoughts are welcome. Enjoy your week and happy holidays!

David L.

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 04:04:57 PM » Author: bluelights
I just read on Wikipedia that mercury vapor lamps will be banned in the EU in 2015  :'(

Save the mercury lamp

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 04:15:31 PM » Author: magslight
I just read on Wikipedia that mercury vapor lamps will be banned in the EU in 2015  :'(
And exist a EU-petition,cause of MV???
Or existed one for Incandescent bulbs??!

@DaveMan: Could you post here a link of your petition?
bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV ban part 2 « Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 04:33:39 PM » Author: bluelights
I don't know if EU petition exists, we need one too. I don't know anything about the petition process, I could help in writing one, but we would need someone who organizes it.

Save the mercury lamp

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies