Author Topic: Electronic ballast thump  (Read 4038 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Electronic ballast thump « Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 04:00:08 AM » Author: dor123
I made a mistake in my comment, I hoped that the dim stage in the 2x54W T5 HO fixture at the low floor of my hostel, isn't the reason why the Osram lamps ends blackens so fast.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Bean
Re: Electronic ballast thump « Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 09:04:21 AM » Author: Bean
Wouldn't the dim stage be them running cold cathode? So they would blacken pretty fast...
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Electronic ballast thump « Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 10:22:39 AM » Author: dor123
I think that the dim stage of rapid-start ballast (Electronic or magnetic), is when the lamp runs with cold cathodes before the electrodes heated to thermionic emission. It also exists in the British SRS ballasts, but looks different.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Bean
Re: Electronic ballast thump « Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 01:14:31 PM » Author: Bean
It is, or at least with my 2x f30 rs hpf ballast, the lamps defnitly run cold cathode during the dim stage.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies