Author Topic: Clamshells?  (Read 1579 times)
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Clamshells? « on: May 03, 2022, 12:57:00 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Saw these mercury streetlights in a parking lot today. I’m pretty sure they’re clamshells, although I don’t know what kind.

Pics are google street view because we quickly drove by and i had no time to snap photos.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Clamshells? « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 01:07:30 PM » Author: Econolite03
Those are GE Form 402s, they’re kind of the predecessor to the M-1000. It’s basically a Form 400 with a extended neck as the sockets are set back to accommodate the bigger 700 - 1000W mercury lamps.

Now on Linktree

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Clamshells? « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 02:15:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
Nice, yeah these look like the GE Form 402. If you have time, it might be worth it to go back with a camera for a close up picture as some of the Canadian GE Form # clamshells were quite different than their American counterparts. Just look at the difference between the Canadian GE Form 400 Powerpack and the American GE Form 400 Powerpack.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Clamshells? « Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 12:22:24 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Those Form 402's are super rare !! They'd be nice to save .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Clamshells? « Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 02:34:25 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Spotted some more clamshells today in the parking lot of an A&W restaurant. I think they’re Westinghouse HMA-60s but im not entirely sure.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Clamshells? « Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 03:47:59 PM » Author: Silverliner
Yep these are HMA-60s. Rare fixtures.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Clamshells? « Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 04:05:33 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the HMA-60/OV-60. Rare to see. I wonder if they still work. They were designed for up to 1000w MV lamps.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Clamshells? « Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 04:43:41 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Any high wattage clamshells are uber rare today !!  I'd love to add one to the collection but I doubt it'll ever happen .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Clamshells? « Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 05:00:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, although I think any clamshell is getting rare. Maybe not the medium sized 400w ones yet but even the 100-250w sized small ones are rare to find for sale now.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Clamshells? « Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 02:59:54 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Any high wattage clamshells are uber rare today !!  I'd love to add one to the collection but I doubt it'll ever happen .

From what I am aware of, the Westy OV35 clamshells are among the most common high wattage clamshells.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies