Author Topic: Message Board for Help & Advice Related To Lights  (Read 411 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS & Preheat Fluorescent Fenatic!

Message Board for Help & Advice Related To Lights « on: May 01, 2022, 11:13:57 PM » Author: 108CAM
I think it would be a good idea to have a new Message Board section where people can ask for help or get handy tips/advice for lighting related topics.
I've noticed many help related topics cluttering up the boards and think it would be a good idea to a designated section for lighting related help and advice questions. I often have multiple questions I need answered but always have to decide on which question I need answered first. I have to do this to avoid cluttering up the boards so I don't get in trouble for spamming. 

Below are some examples of topics that would be posted in the Help & Advice section if it was to be implemented

Wiring up fixtures.
Safely removing and disposing of items like asbestos seals and capacitors with PCBs inside.
Asking if a specific lamp and ballast combo will work.
The best way to clean dirt, rust or corrosion.
Wondering if an item is still safe to use
Tips on rewinding ballasts that are rare or hard to find. 700w MV ballasts are a good example.

Fluro starter chimes combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 11
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 9
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 2

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Message Board for Help & Advice Related To Lights « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 05:16:16 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
I second :)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Message Board for Help & Advice Related To Lights « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 07:34:33 AM » Author: Rommie
Creating a new board is easy enough but the problem would be if we wanted to move all the existing topics; not difficult, but time consuming.

Worth thinking about, certainly.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Message Board for Help & Advice Related To Lights « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 01:35:40 AM » Author: funkybulb
ThAt a good idea as there going be times in future that we cant be throwing out dead magnetic rapid start ballast and start rewinding them.  Or to make new preheat ballast out of them.   For newer generation light collectors down the line trying to get parts for there
Lights. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Message Board for Help & Advice Related To Lights « Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 07:33:52 AM » Author: rjluna2
I thought this section could use as an advice ??? After all, the suggestion is also part of an advice there ;)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies