Author Topic: Hello From Australia!  (Read 85 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS & Preheat Fluorescent Fenatic!

Hello From Australia! « on: June 21, 2022, 10:38:35 PM » Author: 108CAM
I know this is a bit late but I'd still like to introduce myself.
My name is Cameron, I'm 21 and I have ASD and ADHD and I live in Victoria, Australia.
I've been fascinated with lights for as long as I can remember.
My earliest memories were of seeing the different street lights lit up at night and looking at them from the car while wondering why some were orange and some were white.
My interest in preheat fluorescent started when I saw the tubes flickering during startup. When I was younger, I would often turn off the lights just so I could see them starting up, much to the dismay of the other people who were in the room.
Another memory I have is of when I watched a video about how to report broken street lights in New York and it made me think that the red photocells used in Australia were the red fault indicators that lights in New York have so I instinctively started looking at photocells on burnt out lights and wondered why the warning light was broken. A few years later, I found my first street light and found that what I thought was a warning light was really a photocell.
When I started watching YT, I found channels like Parrot175 and DieselDucy and learned that the orange street lights were HPS or SOX and the white streetlights lights were MV or MH.
I then found LG and used it to look at other people's pictures and a few years later, I decided to make an account so I could learn even more and share my always expanding collection with other people that share the same interest as me. Since joining LG, I have learned so much about lights and how they work, I found that I actually have some great items in my collection and have really enjoyed building it up and sharing it with the LG family. Most recently, I have started to overcome my fear of exploding MH lamps and plan to do my first ever MH lamp runup sometime soon.
Other interests of mine include Railfanning, Landline Telephones, Vintage Audio Equipment, Shopping Carts, Arcade Games, Camping, Locks & Keys, VHS Tapes and to a lesser extent, Computers & Elevators.

Fluro starter chimes combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 11
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 9
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 2

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hello From Australia! « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 07:25:35 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, Cameron :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello From Australia! « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 12:02:20 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Hello From Australia! « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 12:41:02 AM » Author: joseph_125
Welcome!
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Hello From Australia! « Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 06:08:17 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Late or not, welcome! :)
Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies