Author Topic: Vintage street lighting scenes!  (Read 2999 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2022, 09:16:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 The yellow Mustang is a 1967 convertible .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #16 on: October 10, 2022, 04:20:46 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
They started converting the existing MV to HPS in the 90s.  New installations in the 80s and 90s were mostly HPS. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 06:44:42 AM » Author: Econolite03
The series TJ Hooker is a good one. It features old lighting stuff in 1980s Los Angeles. Apparently, LA experimented with LPS at one point in time from what I saw in a episode (don’t remember which).
:wndr:

Now on Linktree

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 09:27:53 AM » Author: Burrito
Never heard of that TV show

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 01:18:25 PM » Author: Econolite03
*see attached file*

Now on Linktree

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 01:51:12 PM » Author: Burrito
Google IT, What?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 01:58:38 PM » Author: Econolite03
The guy from Star Trek is in it.

See Here

Now on Linktree

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #22 on: October 10, 2022, 02:11:41 PM » Author: Burrito
Oh, Ok!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 05:03:09 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 A ton of old streetlights , signs and cares can also be seen in the TV show "Adam 12"  THese also a bunch of LPS visible in several different episodes of the TV show "CHiPs"

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #24 on: October 10, 2022, 05:03:57 PM » Author: Burrito
That's pretty cool! But i don't like to watch TV shows

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #25 on: October 10, 2022, 11:02:05 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
The series TJ Hooker is a good one. It features old lighting stuff in 1980s Los Angeles. Apparently, LA experimented with LPS at one point in time from what I saw in a episode (don’t remember which).
:wndr:

That is correct.  LA and several other communities in California did indeed try LPS for awhile.  They even had a display about it at one of their science museums as well as at an space observatory museum-  The LPS were highly praised because of the low light pollution they emitted, which made looking at the stars easier.  When I was a boy my family visited that museum during a vacation trip to LA and Disneyland.  I remember all the LPS lamps and was very amazed by them. 

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #26 on: October 11, 2022, 04:22:00 PM » Author: Burrito
I just found this today. It's at the end of a grassy field, next to a highway on ramp. Anyone know why they do this?

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #27 on: October 12, 2022, 03:55:43 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Fixture may have blown off, or they are repairing it or waiting for a new one, or decided to just remove it and leave the pole standing for now. 

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #28 on: October 15, 2022, 11:20:09 PM » Author: Molly
Boston in the late 60's. 1G M400 visible.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Vintage street lighting scenes! « Reply #29 on: October 15, 2022, 11:21:00 PM » Author: Burrito
Wow, The paint already faded on it

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies