Author Topic: Musical Tornado Siren Ambiences?  (Read 2206 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Musical Tornado Siren Ambiences? « Reply #15 on: November 03, 2022, 09:17:55 PM » Author: suzukir122
I like the Thunderbolts, a lot. They're awesome to me as well and I do wish that my city had them. My personal #1 favorites though, among all, are
the Whelen 4004's and Whelen 3016's. The thunderbolts have always been my second favorite... there's a third, but I forget what it is...
... alright, just a reminder, the main reason why I posted this topic was to get some insight on why tornado sirens are typically in tune with one another.
I'm glad the Thunderbolt has been brought up, because they are among this as well, as I've seen in many, many YouTube videos over the years.
But why is it that a lot of times tornado sirens harmonize? Are they purposely set up to do this? Or is it some sort of coincidence?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Musical Tornado Siren Ambiences? « Reply #16 on: November 05, 2022, 03:10:50 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
If it's electronic, I don't like it.  Don't get me wrong, I love Whelen engineering.  I have been using their products for emergency vehicles for 30+ years.  But a mechanical siren vs electronic will always win. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Musical Tornado Siren Ambiences? « Reply #17 on: November 05, 2022, 07:37:08 AM » Author: suzukir122
Regardless of whether it's mechanical or electronic, I've noticed tornado sirens harmonize with each other. Is there a reason for this?
Or is it merely a coincidence?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies