Author Topic: 2022 Bulb of the Year  (Read 4732 times)
Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #15 on: December 16, 2022, 04:45:10 AM » Author: Olav
400W Ken-Rad /W gets my vote.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #16 on: December 16, 2022, 06:08:29 AM » Author: Rommie
Can I vote for myself..? 280W SOI/H of course  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 03:09:41 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I would’ve nominated my Sylvania H38JA-100/W or SELZ DRI-3500-1 but I didn’t think they got enough attention despite the rarity. Surprisingly, the most talked about lamp in my gallery is my SPO DRL-125s which are not that rare in the grand scheme of things.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 06:32:27 PM » Author: Lumex120
The GE H3000A9 I got recently !
Still waiting to see a pic...  ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #19 on: December 16, 2022, 06:39:22 PM » Author: joseph_125
In terms of lamps that I also bought, I think the ULX-150 clearbander actually got the most attention even compared to the 100w /W.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #20 on: December 17, 2022, 01:45:07 PM » Author: Econolite03
So I take we have a tie now?

/W:      1
/R:       1
SOI/H: 1
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #21 on: December 17, 2022, 05:02:16 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think we should not focus too much on HID sources because I have this feeling that other light sources like incandescents and fluorescent lamps are not being included in this vote such as my unusual Japanese fluorescent and CFL lamps and my early Osram Dukux L 36w lamp with the unusual 4 pin base.

I really feel that this type of thing that we are all doing is simply reinforcing the fact that ONLY HID MUST BE APPRECIATED and that sources light sources like incandescent, fluorescent, and CFL are being treated like GARBAGE including vintage NON-HID light sources.

I urge everyone to include light sources OTHER THAN HID in this vote. I also get that same feeling when nobody comments on some of my fluorescent and CFL finds and I also feel the same pain when nobody replies to most “Web Finds” threads that feature anything other than HID such as incandescents and fluorescents.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #22 on: December 17, 2022, 05:14:55 PM » Author: Andy
I think for this to be taken even remotely seriously, it would have required considerably more than 3 days for submissions (more like 2+ weeks) and a further week for votes to be cast.
As it stands, its pretty meaningless to be honest.

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #23 on: December 17, 2022, 05:49:06 PM » Author: Rommie
@ Andy - Agreed, we need a minimum of 10 submissions.

@ WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA - To reinforce Andy's comment, I don't think three submissions is enough to be able to say we are only focussing on HID, we simply haven't had anything else yet.

Let's run this for a little longer, the year isn't over yet.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #24 on: December 17, 2022, 06:29:51 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’ll chime in to clear up some things. When I wrote the opening statement I didn’t specifically say HID, I just mentioned a few snippets of what was popular this year. Members who replied submitted mostly HID. Everyone was welcome to list other lamps.

I decided to open just 8 slots for submissions as I wasn’t expecting much in terms of replies and closed it early. It’s also easier for deciding as it narrows the options down significantly. It wasn’t my intent to be dead serious, just to shake things up on the forum. This is probably the first time such a thing was done here, so yeah.

Now, as of now I will open a 9th and 10th slot for submissions, these two will be reserved for NON-HID lamps for the next 72 hours. Members who had previously replied could also edit their submissions or votes. Hopefully this could ease thing up.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #25 on: December 19, 2022, 12:01:11 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Still waiting to see a pic...  ;D

So am I !! My new camera and my computer aren't playing nice with each other at this present time and my cell phone camera isn't even worth the effort as all of the photos I've taken with it just SUCK !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #26 on: December 20, 2022, 08:39:31 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I know we said no more HID, but if it’s allowed I really think Silverliner’s duro-test 1000 watt H34 half-coated /C lamp from 1959 belongs on the list. It’s likely the rarest lamp found this year considering all its attributes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 08:45:16 PM by RadiantMV » Logged
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #27 on: December 31, 2022, 02:05:45 PM » Author: Econolite03
I randomly selected, and the GEC SOI/H 280W is the winner since there was no tiebreaker. Congrats Rommie!
 :sox35:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #28 on: December 31, 2022, 04:50:00 PM » Author: Rommie
 :lps: Yay..!  8;) :D ;D :lps:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 2022 Bulb of the Year « Reply #29 on: December 31, 2022, 05:07:51 PM » Author: joseph_125
Congrats! I'll have to say, I didn't even know such a lamp existed until you posted it to your gallery.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies