Author Topic: Are there European countries that are exempt from the 2023 EU fluorescent bans?  (Read 693 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Are there European countries that are exempt from the 2023 EU fluorescent bans? « on: February 24, 2023, 02:20:22 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since non-integrated CFL lamps have already been banned in the EU, I am starting to wonder if any European countries that are NOT part of the EU that are exempt from the 2023 EU fluorescent bans. I would also like to know if Russia is exempt from the 2023 EU fluorescent bans as well.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there European countries that are exempt from the 2023 EU fluorescent bans? « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 12:55:34 PM » Author: kai
Since no one replied so far: I understand such legislation to be binding also for EFTA countries, which beyond EU members are Switzerland, Norway and Iceland. Where things could get really interesting is Ireland, in its Republic of Ireland vs. Northern Ireland constellation.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Are there European countries that are exempt from the 2023 EU fluorescent bans? « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 01:41:28 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Whether countries are exempt or not, I suspect that they'll just 'go with the flow' and order their lamps accordingly.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Are there European countries that are exempt from the 2023 EU fluorescent bans? « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 06:15:03 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, whenever something like this happens it give lampmakers an excuse to discontinue what to they perceive to be a declining volume, low margin product usually with the reasoning that the remaining markets isn't enough to sustain continued production.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies