Author Topic: Vintage GE nema streetlight  (Read 1102 times)
Davidswizzle

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage GE nema streetlight « on: January 02, 2023, 08:16:49 AM » Author: Davidswizzle
Since I moved in I have had this streetlight and never tried to turn it on, as you can see it’s hanging a bit, turned it on for the first time today and to my surprise it lights up however it’s day time so not sure if the sensor is not working right. Any recommendations on how to fix the head on it and possibly the sensor , thanks !  Also if anyone can give me some history on this light that would be sweet, I’m in Hudson valley ny.  FYI the pole is private and owned by me , so any work or modifications are up to me.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage GE nema streetlight « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:16:10 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Appears to be 175w Mercury Vapor. The way to fix the sensor issue is to replace the photocell which is the thing on the top. Seems like the Photocell is defective. I believe those kinds of buckets are simply reattached by matching up the holes and twisting the bucket on. If you would like more info, don’t hesitate to ask.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Davidswizzle

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Vintage GE nema streetlight « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 01:36:11 PM » Author: Davidswizzle
Thank you. I will have to try to get a ladder tall enough to reach it haha
Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Vintage GE nema streetlight « Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 12:10:57 AM » Author: Richmond2000
Appears to be 175w Mercury Vapor. The way to fix the sensor issue is to replace the photocell which is the thing on the top. Seems like the Photocell is defective. I believe those kinds of buckets are simply reattached by matching up the holes and twisting the bucket on. If you would like more info, don’t hesitate to ask.
i know old post
but the photocell on top twists off and is a standard configuration photocell it is a NEMA ANSI C136.10 3 pin photocell OR "3 pin twistlock" photocell
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies