Author Topic: Bright flashes in my window at night?  (Read 784 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Bright flashes in my window at night? « on: April 27, 2023, 11:50:19 PM » Author: Cole D.
So tonight, I was sitting in the living room, which is at the back of the house, watching TV. The window blinds were all closed, except the window of my back door, which is uncovered.

Outside was completely dark except for solar lights in the back yard, no moon out either.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, the entire window flashed a bright white light. Curiously, I walked over and turned the porch lights on out back but saw nothing. I thought maybe there was lightning in the distance, but it was completely dark.

I even went outside and nobody was about, it was completely still and quiet, no storms or anything.

Nothing further happened. But then I remembered that I had a similar experience a while back at the same time. That time I was in the kitchen instead, with the lights off. I saw the same type of flash, but this time it was indirectly. The flash had reflected on the kitchen countertop from the same window that time.

I’m just confused but intrigued as to what would cause this?  ???

Has anyone had something similar?

Sometimes there are boats out on the lake that shine bright lights around at night for some reason, but at least tonight when I went out there was nobody around that I could hear.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Bright flashes in my window at night? « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 12:41:48 AM » Author: Lumex120
Are there any roads near this window, even far off in the distance? I've seen this happen too and it used to confuse me until I realized it was headlights from cars with very sharp cutoff lines (usually HID/metal halide projectors) bouncing or turning and either shining onto the window momentarily or reflecting off of other things nearby.

Unofficial LG Discord

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Bright flashes in my window at night? « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 12:50:47 AM » Author: Cole D.
No, there aren’t any roads in back. But you do raise a point I was wondering, since the neighbors on the right side of us have two SUV with bright white LED or HID headlights. And I have had those shining where I could see them through the window, since part of the fence on that side is a picket fence and has surfaces angled that reflect their headlights when they drive up.

But I didn’t hear anything and this was just a quick flash.

About an hour later, I was in bed and a very loud wind suddenly started blowing and then it started raining. So I guess maybe there was a flash of lightning, but I never heard any thunder then or since.

My thought was maybe heat lightning that’s silent. That’s the only explanation I can think of.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bright flashes in my window at night? « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 12:55:39 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Space Invaders !  :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Bright flashes in my window at night? « Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 06:09:24 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Who knows?  ;D, it’s how War Of The Worlds starts!  :o

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Bright flashes in my window at night? « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 07:12:28 AM » Author: Econolite03
Whatever it was sounds terrifying… like ball lightning.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bright flashes in my window at night? « Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 07:13:43 AM » Author: Medved
Or could be rocks falling down from the space...

Or few days ago arrived huge "gust" of solar wind (quite high solar activity recently), with the Aurora Borealis being visible even here (about 49deg North), so if your area uses to be really dark, it could have been that...

No more selfballasted c***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Bright flashes in my window at night? « Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 10:07:53 PM » Author: Cole D.
Perhaps the aliens were taking pictures of me.  😳

That aside all very dark out and normal tonight.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies