Author Topic: Japanese Taisho Era style preheat circline fluorescent pendant with early lamps  (Read 116 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Japanese Taisho Era style preheat circline fluorescent pendant with early lamps « on: March 12, 2024, 02:08:47 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While trying to look for some Japanese light fixtures made in the Taisho era (between 1912 and 1926), I have stumbled upon this interesting looking preheat circline fluorescent pendant light fixture that happens to have some strange and unusual circline fluorescent lamps that possibly appear to be made in the 1950s when they were first introduced into the Japanese market.

I recommend that someone here tries to bid on this light fixture so that they can help save the lamps for their collections:

https://www.jauce.com/auction/v1127904092

The lamps in this fixture are almost impossible to find nowadays.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Japanese Taisho Era style preheat circline fluorescent pendant with early lamps « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 02:14:29 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is what the lamps look like.

I really worry that if nobody from here ends up bidding on this fixture, the rare circline fluorescent lamps might end up going to someone who has no knowledge of lighting and ends up throwing out the lamps after letting them run until EOL.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 02:33:04 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Japanese Taisho Era style preheat circline fluorescent pendant with early lamps « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 09:20:16 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Looks like the price has gotten out of control for me. Sometimes, auctions end up costing more money than what you can comfortably afford and hope that the fixture and lamps go to a good home. I just hate to see the rare lamps in this fixture get used up until EOL or get destroyed and recycled in the name of LED lighting.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies