Author Topic: Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps  (Read 862 times)
Magdalena

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps « on: May 12, 2023, 04:06:28 PM » Author: Magdalena
Hi,
I found in my parents’ attic 4 bulbs Philips HPW 125 W and I would like to sell 3 of them.
I am not an expert on lightning and bulbs, but bulbs look like unused, but it is only based on appearance of original cardboard wrapped around bulb. If you wish I can try to check them if they work.
I can publish my offer on Ebay or we can do transaction via Paypal. I can ship package internationally. The estimated cost of shipping to the USA is around 6 USD via national polish post service. Of course, we can check other options of shipping.
Please, feel free to contact me. :)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 06:18:16 PM » Author: Rommie
Hi, these are nice lamps, but please be aware they need a ballast to operate, they will not run direct from the mains, if you try it they will fail, possibly spectacularly, so don't try it..!

Personally I have several lamps similar to this, so I'm not in the market for any more, but I'm sure someone will be interested  :mvblb:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mustang07

View Posts
View Gallery

jon.leach.7
Re: Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 09:38:14 PM » Author: Mustang07
How much for one total shipped to the US?

"I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"

Magdalena

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 02:29:43 PM » Author: Magdalena
Thank you Rommie for your comment!
Wow! so that was the reason why one of my bulbs spectacularly exploded :eoled: when I wanted check them out. Luckily, learnt my lesson and I stopped checking out after this failure.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 05:59:14 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, mercury lamps do not like being connected across the supply directly, particularly in 220-240V countries  :poof:  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Magdalena

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps « Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 10:19:30 AM » Author: Magdalena
Hi Mustang07,

to be honest I have no idea how much they are worth. The only benchmark are the offers I found on Ebay. :wndr:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144916276506
https://www.ebay.de/itm/225560849159
(they are not my offers)

So I can consider your offer.
Shipping to the USA is 6 USD up to 500 gram, 12 USD up to 1 kg and 14 USD up to 1.5 kg. I haven't weighted the package yet but I think that 3 bulbs + bubble wraps and box will be around 1 - 1.5 kg.

Magdalena

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips HPW 125 W UVA "blacklight" lamps « Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 10:24:36 AM » Author: Magdalena
Little did I know...  ::) I learnt my lesson the hard way and I will never connect random stuff to electricity  ;D
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies