Author Topic: What’s going on with your lightbulbs?  (Read 620 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
What’s going on with your lightbulbs? « on: August 12, 2023, 02:46:23 PM » Author: rjluna2
Here is an article from MSN/Vox.com explains more clearly about this What’s going on with your lightbulbs?.

Comments away here :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: What’s going on with your lightbulbs? « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 06:15:21 AM » Author: Robotjulep
What's going on with my lightbulbs is I use Incandescents and CFLs rather than LED. Probably have around 40 or 50 CFLs and 70 various incandescent lamps stocked up. I have tried Ecosmart Home Depot LEDs but they do not last 11,000h as rated. At least Lowes was more accurate with marketing their Utilitech Daylight LED, rating them at only 5000 Hours. Of course, they discontinued that product because they had to be more dishonest about lifespan in order to profit. Money over quality these days; nothing lasts long anymore. I have heard rumors that fluorescent is going to be banned soon around 2025 as it is already disappearing from the shelves of stores.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What’s going on with your lightbulbs? « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 01:17:29 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
From what I know, there are a few states in the USA that are banning CFL lamps and regular fluorescent lamps by 2025 already such as my home state of California, but as far as I know, there is no nationwide fluorescent ban as of now.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies