Author Topic: Is this a form of art???  (Read 7321 times)
mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this a form of art??? « Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 07:22:06 AM » Author: mima
All these things (group relamping, tearing down of the building) have in common the fact that at least the lamps are being scraped properly (or well, it should be so...). For example, usually where I live, prior to tear down a building, the crew removes all the possible elements which destruction can result in an important pollution, including discharge bulbs, so these can be scraped properly. And judging from some photos here at LG this good practice fortunately it's not done only here. OK there's waste because often a lot of things are still good, but at least with this practice there's also the right scraping of dangerous materials.
Waste of good things is stupid itself, but to this adding toxic elements allowed to go free in the air just to do some artwork IMHO it's unresponsable and not justifiable by art.

P.S. Don't take it as a flame, it's only the argument which interests me ;)

Gimme a discharge lamp and a humming ballast ;D

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Is this a form of art??? « Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 07:34:15 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I'm not really arguing ;-) I am agreeing but there are challenges in question :-D

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

mima

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this a form of art??? « Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 06:11:28 PM » Author: mima
there are challenges in question :-D

LOL those challenges are a trap for me when talking about something I'm interested in ;D

Gimme a discharge lamp and a humming ballast ;D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies