Author Topic: Wanted: 120 to 277V transformers  (Read 2070 times)
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: 120 to 277V transformers « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2023, 06:41:27 PM » Author: funkybulb
Guys I have one of largest british fixture collectio  herw
 In the US even though the run at slightly lower current
  They they still out perform runing fluorescent much better than
  American rapid start stuff.  Personally  i would not worry about
  Lamp being underdriven  if u compair to the  american lighting
    The only problem I had was on 60 Hz was my  Thorn  125 watt pop pack in the USA.  That cause it have a series cap and choke set up and if it ran  on orginal cap then it would push 1.25 A into the lamp!

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Wanted: 120 to 277V transformers « Reply #16 on: October 09, 2023, 07:53:53 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Lamps may run fine but some things but electricity meters run slower because the coils are being run with a lower flux density (I think) due to the frequency difference. The hobby of meter collecting was the thing that really got me to search for a transformer with a suitable voltage that could compensate for the frequency difference, and let me run cheap and overly abundant 277V HID and fluorescent ballasts.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: 120 to 277V transformers « Reply #17 on: October 19, 2023, 04:38:04 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a 120V to 277V transformer that I found that specifically functions as a step up transformer:

https://ballastshop.com/120-277-275va-thomas-research-products-step-up-auto-transformer-120v-to-277v/

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies