Author Topic: Legacy collections & distribution  (Read 3615 times)
Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legacy collections & distribution « Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 08:38:58 AM » Author: Laurens
But they have no place here. I could stash them away, never to be lit again - they're much too bright to run. I hope the guy just offers them to someone else.
Rommie
Re: Legacy collections & distribution « Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 08:52:26 AM » Author: Rommie
Too bright to run..? Don't be silly, they're wonderful..! If you think 135W is bright, what about our 280W SOI/H..?  :lps: :lps:  :mrg:
Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Legacy collections & distribution « Reply #17 on: March 16, 2024, 03:45:52 PM » Author: Andy
The 135W SOX lamp is actually somewhat brighter than a 280W SOI/H by well over 4000 lumens!  :lps:

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Rommie
Re: Legacy collections & distribution « Reply #18 on: March 16, 2024, 04:43:10 PM » Author: Rommie
Is it..? Oh, ok, but it's still an amazing lamp  :lps: :lps:
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Legacy collections & distribution « Reply #19 on: March 24, 2024, 03:55:34 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
But they have no place here. I could stash them away, never to be lit again - they're much too bright to run. I hope the guy just offers them to someone else.
I don't have the money currently. But I'd be happy to take. A 135 watt sox off your hands in the future.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Legacy collections & distribution « Reply #20 on: July 14, 2024, 09:08:16 PM » Author: Foxtronix
What I'm probably going to do personally, over time, is reduce my "collection", if we can still call it so, to a very small selection of the truly valuable items. That miniature collection has more chances of being effectively handed over to some history preservation organization if I instruct the executor to do so in my will.

But I literally have zero expectations. This whole endeavour was fueled solely because of the internet, so the chances are incredibly low I'll ever find somebody IRL willing to take my relatively large collection off my hands. Selling is about to become very complicated for legal reasons. I guess there could still be a away to literally just give them away to fellow collectors within Canada, at this point this is the only solution I could come up with to keep most of my lighting equipment from ending up to the recycling centre.

I also plan to use them, especially the lamps, and enjoy them as much as I can. I guess I could donate some to the local non-profit thrift store, at least until their sale is completely banned.

Milwaukeeman2003

View Posts
View Gallery

SRX

Fat Squidward Milwaukeeman2003
Re: Legacy collections & distribution « Reply #21 on: July 22, 2024, 11:47:20 AM » Author: Milwaukeeman2003
Yeah, this is one thing I've though about, and have concluded that it's best to just not think about it. I don't have kids and won't have kids and neither will my sister who I live with, so unless a kid of a cousin or something wants the house, likely the house and it's contents will go to some charity who will just discard all my souvenirs and scrapbooks and photos and try to sell anything they think has value. My Department 56 stuff it's really easy to look up the value of it, but say my yellow Dichro-Color flood or new in package Halarc lamp are going to look just like any other light bulb worth at most a dollar to most people. With traffic signals I also have some extremely rare stuff that doesn't look especially notable.

As a lot of you know I have probably the largest collection of low pressure sodium fixtures, that would appear as scrap metal to most people. It's still my intent to rehome them, but COVID got in the way, then I got involved in a legal dispute between relatives over an estate that resulted in me needing to spend extensive time in North Carolina. Finally a tree fell on and destroyed a large part of my deck, (missing the lights by a few feet), so I had to deal with making space in the garage for them and rebuilding the deck and all the dealing with contractors and insurance. I did sell a couple to Lighting Gallery members that approached me including one that survived being shipped. I have another sale pending so this works out I'll feel more comfortable shipping them and now that they're in the garage I'll be more inclined to deal with them. I was a lot more excited about rescuing them then reselling them and half the year they were buried under snow and the other half of the year it was nice so I was more inclined to do other stuff.
Sorry for the late reply but do you still have any of the LPS fixtures? If so, I’ll buy them.

Screw the 2028 120 lumen per watt mandate and DeviantArt! Love old cars, cassette tapes, radios, severe weather and most of all, lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies