Author Topic: 10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale  (Read 400 times)
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale « on: January 07, 2024, 04:34:26 PM » Author: Maxim
I have 10 of those jelly jar luminaires, if not more, in Matte Black. The jar itself is ribbed glass, whilst the head itself feels like aluminum (though I'm not sure).

Asking $2 per each + shipping. I'd also be happy tp trade. Please see below for pictures.

If any of you want one, please leave a comment here or PM me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 04:41:10 PM by Maxim » Logged

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are fluorescent and mercury vapor.

“Beauty fades, dumb is forever.” ~ Judy Sheindlin

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 12:27:56 AM » Author: Maxim
Surprised no one wants these... in about a month they'll be recycled to free up space in my basement...

My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are fluorescent and mercury vapor.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: 10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 07:46:33 AM » Author: Cole D.
Since they’re brand new, I’d donate them to a thrift store, Restore or salvage store. Maybe Habitat for Humanity could use them too.

Those would be better uses than recycling them…

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 09:13:56 AM » Author: Maxim
I was honestly thinking the same, but my parents aren't really on board and keep telling me to "just chuck them."

I'll ask my mom later if she could help me donate these.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale « Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 03:43:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Honestly , you're problem with selling these is the fact that you can simply go to your local Home Repo and buy one for $3 + tax more than what you're asking and have it the same day . Plus , with the cost of shipping these days , the price will come close to triple what they cost new ! Yes , you could scrap these for the aluminum and tiny amount of copper wire but unless you live next to a scrap yard , you'll spend more in gas than you'll make in scrap . You're only real choices are either to donate them , or put them out with you trash next week .

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-7-2-in-1-Light-Matte-Black-Jelly-Jar-Outdoor-Wall-Lantern-Sconce-WB0317/202021766#overlay

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale « Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 04:01:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
I suppose aside from donating them, you could list them on CL or Facebook for local pick up only. You might get a buyer if you list them for $5 ea or $30 for the whole lot. Could also try going to a flea market and offering the whole lot to a vendor, maybe add some other lighting stuff you don't want as a lot.
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 10x Jelly Jar Luminaires For Sale « Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 04:40:57 PM » Author: Maxim
Okay, price lowered to $2 each. Shipping shouldn't be terrible as I'd be using Pirate Ship.

Fair point on the "easy access" part, Tim.
Joe, I'll definitely list these on FB as a lot.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies