Author Topic: T12 Lighting Ban Info  (Read 23267 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 08:19:11 AM » Author: dor123
pjc: in most of the applications where the classic T5s were used in the past, the PLs replaced them.
PLs have better electrodes design and efficiency, which is harder to make for such a small lamp, in a linear format.
In Israel currently, exit signs and emergency lighting, are almost the only application, were the classic T5s are still popular, although LEDs starting to replace them also in these applications.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 09:43:13 AM » Author: sol
So to answer my own question, so to speak, the eventual phase out of the classic T5 will probably be driven by the market. As more PL and LED fittings replace the classic T5 fittings, the demand for the T5 tubes will drop to the point where the manufacturers will stop production. This process has already started with exit signs turning to LED. As has been stated, it will probably take years before the phaseout happens.
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 08:08:10 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
and as often as 40's/50's/60's old stock still shows up i doubt if they would dry up anytime soon even if all production stopped right now.i needed a bunch of 4 and 8w tubes for slot machines.ordered some online in bulk.they were all 60's ge's.guy had hundreds of cases of them.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 06:31:09 PM » Author: Patrick
In the U.S., classic T5s are still frequently found even in new undercabinet fixtures.  In fact, some manufacturers have product lines with fixtures that span both ranges. PLs seem to be used less frequently in this application, although I own a such a fixture.  PLs are just a bit bulkier, and people typically prefer a very low profile fixture that won't be visible.  Halogen, xenon, and more recently LEDs are also popular in these applications.  As an alternative to T5s, some shorter fluorescent fixtures can be found with proprietary T4 or T2 lamps, but these are still far less common than regular T5.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 01:44:46 AM » Author: Mercury Man
It seems like (upon my own observation) that the heyday of T5 preheat fixtures for "low-profile" undercabinet lighting and similar applications occurred in the 1970s.  Since the millenium, T4 fixtures have become popular for the same applications.  However, T5 lamps are still more readily available, it seems.
LightingExpert235
Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 04:47:16 PM » Author: LightingExpert235
(Comment removed by administrator)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:14:34 PM by pjc » Logged
Kev

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 06:36:09 PM » Author: Kev
(Comment removed by administrator)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:14:38 PM by pjc » Logged

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 06:45:11 PM » Author: Danny
lol  :P
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 02:36:08 AM » Author: Ash
lol >.<
Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 06:46:36 AM » Author: Al_M
Haha, that's really funny.... :P :P. I kind of wonder if some people ever read comments back to themselves before posting them.
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:06 AM » Author: Danny
It's hillarious. Nobody at all agrees with "LightingExpert235" (His user name needs questionning) anyway, but he still thinks he knows it all lol

@ Al, I see you have temporarily put your Beta2 up, Looks nice! :-)
Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011, 07:07:19 AM » Author: Al_M
Hi Dan, yep I put it up for the picture but I have to be careful as the landlord lives next door and technically I'm not supposed to be making 'alterations'  ;). In November I move into my own place so I'll be able to put up all my lights PERMANENTLY  ;D
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 07:09:33 AM » Author: Danny
Oh i bet you can't wait, i for one will be keeping an eye out for any photos :) ;)... Have you managed to get the large starter fitting working then since i sent the starter? :D
Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 07:17:06 AM » Author: Al_M
Hi Dan, no I haven't yet but I will shortly; that fitting is the last one to do up and I need to get more cable first as I used it all up on the other three I've done so far. I found a date code on the capacitor in the fitting I need the large starter for, September 1947!
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T12 Lighting Ban Info « Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 07:19:32 AM » Author: Danny
Hi, Oh wow 1947! that means its 64 yeas old this month  :o i think thats the oldest Fitting i have possibly come across on here... Ok well good luck with your Refurbisment on it

Dan
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies