Author Topic: Good starter for making an F4T5 even blinkier?  (Read 330 times)
stonicle

View Posts
View Gallery

UC442ZFWvy7fUUgk8_rf6EVA Stonicle
Good starter for making an F4T5 even blinkier? « on: October 24, 2023, 09:33:35 PM » Author: stonicle
Hi everyone, I'm somewhat new to the whole fluorescent light scene, I've had two fixtures for a while but haven't done much besides add cords to them. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on any starters that would make my American Fluorescent MS-104 fixture have more blinks when I start it up?

----
Mason Phelps AKA Stonicle
www.stonicle.com

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Good starter for making an F4T5 even blinkier? « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 11:54:52 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think one factor that might make your tube blink less is that it is being overdriven on a 4W-8W preheat miniature T5 fluorescent tube series choke ballast. If you replace that ballast with a dedicated 4W only preheat miniature T5 fluorescent tube series choke ballast, you might get more blinks from your T5 fluorescent tube. In addition, it is also good to note that a highly blink happy preheat fluorescent tube and starter combination will lead to a short tube life due to more emitter being sputtered off the electrodes from numerous blinks.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies