Author Topic: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :(  (Read 37772 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 04:47:34 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I have just re-read my post from last October, when I said `crappy PRC` ones, I was in no way refering Philips :-[
At the time I was running some PRC made LED branded `Innovation`, that we get in a huge DIY, (hardware), chain here called B+Q.
Now although they were very bright lamps for the 2.8watts rated, they lost as much as 40% of their light output within 2 years! >:(

I have since been trying 2 other LED, (both China made), one being a Philips A60, the other being an Osram `Star Classic` A40.
Osram are now on my lamp blacklist, as their 50,000 hours rated LED, lasted all of 96 hours, (12 days in use)!!! >:(, before 2 tiny resistors on the PCB blew up!
I have a better feeling that Philips will have built theirs to a higher standard, and this one is still running at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:49:22 AM by LinearSLI/H » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 05:13:18 AM » Author: dor123
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-82125
One of the reasons why I boycots Philips and Cree.

The lamp in the picture in that link, dimmed, blued out and its remote phosphor dome deformed within approx 6,000 counted hours (If the user knew how much time the lamp actually operated), because of hot lamp burning, despite Philips and Cree LED lamps in the US, costs as high as $100, according to what I'm heard in other posts here.
Philips and Cree, are the only companies thats breaks into the media to promote their lamps, and wants to take out the control of governments, and makes fake newspaper articles, which are in fact, product placments. The rest of lighting companies lie silent, limiting their promotions of LED lighting only inside their websites and standard advertising means. The rest of lighting companies (Including Osram even with their Osram Opto-Semicoductors LED division), don't seem to me to be able to withstand Philips and Cree forces. Even japanese Nichia, once the pioneers of the LED area (Invented the high brightness (Blue, green, amber and red), white and UV LEDs, reinvented the blue and green LEDs generally [There were low brightness SiC blue LEDs and lime green LEDs before]), totally disappeared from the LED business, and aren't known today.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 06:02:52 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Hmmm, I see what you mean, but it seems to be a problem the US are having?, do they invade the media the same in Israel?
In the UK, its very rare that lamp adverts are on the TV, and I have only seen Philips advertise their lamps once every 4 years or so, Philips do do a lot of TV advertising, but more in its domestic appliance areas, DVD players, LCD TVs and so on.

What they do here is, when you buy a Philips lamp, CFL or LED, you sometimes get a questionnair in the box asking things like, "Is this you first perchase of this product", or, "Have you used these lamps before?, what do you think of them?".

Most heardware stores here, have their own branded lamps, and a small selection of the big names, and supermarkets do the same, giving the buyer a choice in what they want.

As for CREE, they are sold here, but their not a huge name in the UK at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:24:19 AM by LinearSLI/H » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 06:27:48 AM » Author: dor123
Truth is, that Philips don't invades the media in Israel. Our DoE, doing problems in the first place.

Most of the CFL and LED lamps sold here in Israel, are generic (Manufactured by unknown factories in China and branded by their importers: Hyundai (Semicom-Lexis [Boycotted by me, both because they were the first in Israel to misleadingly imply that their CFLs don't contains liquid mercury at all, and that an amalgam are used instead, so no mercury will be released to the environemnt if the lamp is broken or thrown to the trash and not recycled {This misleading information is a basis for a product placement project of the Council for Beautiful Israel, Semicom Lexis, and the DoE}, where in fact, the amalgam is only a getter for the manufacturing and that the mercury vapour condense on the CFL tube wall, as liquid after being released from the amalgam in the final mercury release process, and also because this Israeli invented brand-sticker conflicts with the brandname of the korean Hyundai Motors {Real company}, and can cause confusion]), Sunlight (Nisko), Eurolux (Illumina), NVC (NVC Israel), Luxten and Mitsushi (I.G International Electric), Zeev Shimoni (Zeev Shimoni home brand), Electra lighting (Katzenstein Adler), etc...)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:31:41 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 03:42:42 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
You can't trust Philips' website since they are the ones responsible for many of the lies about L.E.D.s to promote sales of their products. The rated life is best-case scenario in optimal conditions, the light output is when the lamp is new, and the lamp is assembled in the U.S.A. with parts made in China. Philips is a very sneaky company that is looking to make money by tricking the consumer.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

cedup
Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 08:39:52 AM » Author: cedup
Philips L prize lamp is assembled in the U.S.A. was part of teh specs.  My 12.2W Ambient LED first version was $14.95 on sale at HD 4 of them work great over 2 years maybe, on a dimmer in a fan light 4 of em, perfect color and BRIGHTER than the 4 35W lamps they replaced, with much less watts.  Philips is the LED leader indeed. Have many more Philips Lumileds in use all are Flawless perfect color brightness etc.  Kitchen sets are now well over 5 years of 24/7 use..FLAWLESS
cedup
Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 10:51:54 AM » Author: cedup
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-82125
One of the reasons why I boycots Philips and Cree.

Philips makes the highest quality LED stuff out there, mine have all been flawless in over 5 years of 24/7 operation Lumileds are the best stuff.  CRI color long life no burnouts, no dimming issues.  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:49:19 PM by cedup » Logged
cedup
Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 10:55:11 AM » Author: cedup
Philips L prize lamp is U.S.A. assy.  Philips are the best LED going in all their versions.  Long life, high efficacy,  priced right
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 11:34:02 AM » Author: dor123
Cedup: Please stop bashing about the adventures of your Philips L-Prize lamp, and jump the thread multiple times. I heard from several owners of this lamp, that their lamps don't gives a good value for the cost. If your lamp survived well, and you don't have to say anything more, simply don't comment. I had my account suspended in the past, when I was bashed about the adventures of electronic ballasts over magnetic ballasts, CFLs over incandescents and T5s over T12s and T8s, in my begining of my activity here.

FrontSideBus

View Posts
View Gallery

FrontSideBus
Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 04:02:15 PM » Author: FrontSideBus
How about you post something that you have PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with?

Bulbs are for planting: Lamps are for lighting!
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11271

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 08:29:19 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
+1 FSB

I've just read through this thread, and Dor, I think you're mostly basing your opinion of Philips LED lamps on your evident disdain for all LED lamps and for Philips as a whole. You're making statements that appear to be based on assumptions, rather than being backed up by evidence. I've never used any LED lamps myself, but Philips seems to be turning out pretty decent products, as evidenced by comments from others here who have units in use.

Also, you're not helping your popularity by A) Attempting to sabotage someone's YouTube video (what are you expecting to accomplish?); B) Telling others to sabotage that video; and C) Telling a fellow member to keep their opinions to themselves. They have as much right to voice their opinions as you do. (And you do it quite often.)

My $0.02.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 11:23:57 AM » Author: marcopete87
I heard from several owners of this lamp, that their lamps don't gives a good value for the cost.
i'm one of them, i have two; one had failed for soldering issues (but i managed to repair it), the second works well.
I bought them not only because they use 12.5W, but for necessity.
One is installed on an quasi-inacessible luminaire over the stairs, where i needed an 60-75W replacement lamp which allowed frequent switches (CFL wasn't an option) and low power due abnormal cost of electricity in Italy (thank to a lot of taxes on everything that can power something, and generally, taxes on everything, bad power politics and some hours of continuos use on day).
Actually, despite their quality, they didn't repaid themselves.
ricksbulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 11:00:04 PM » Author: ricksbulbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmFRxx46LcE
I already clicked "Dislike", flagged it as a spam, because of misleading text and commented in (My Youtube user is "392057").
Please put negative comments on it and dislike it. Its title is "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb".
The reason why it recieved so many likes, good comments and subscribers, is because most of its viewers don't understand from their life about lighting!!!

I was given one of the new Philips "SlimStyle" A-shaped LED Bulbs recently, and I suspected it was a piece of crap--I think ALL LED's are crap, but this one was exceptionally bad in my opinion, and I just saw a review on it after I watched the L Prize clip, and I was right! It's a hunk of garbage. Lousy light distribution, cheesy electronics and badly made capacitors, fair dimability, and made of plastic. I think this thing has to be relegated to my "piece of crap worthless bulbs bin" which currently has lots of CFL bulbs in it! The man who gave me the SlimStyle (which I call the "Ice Cream Scoop" because it looks like you can serve ice cream with it) bulb thinks these things are the best thing ever--he is a retired GE engineer--need I say more? LOL! GE always made junk, and this is right up their alley!  ;)
Cavannus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #28 on: September 20, 2014, 02:01:55 AM » Author: Cavannus
I've never liked the rendering of the L-Prize: despite the 92 rated CRI, the light LOOKS like a cheap CFL. I've tried various Philips led bulbs (the best was the 90 CRI flame bulbs, but I've noticed a greenish colour shift on a few), Lemnis/Ikea, and several others (Pharox, Verilux, Archipelago, TCP, Cree ...).  

My current preferred led bulb is the Soraa Vivid, which might be (if I relate to the original post title) the "least efficient light bulb" BUT the "most beautiful led lighting". They announce 95 Ra and 90 R9, plus a "full spectrum" from deep red to deep red. They don't lie, indeed it looks as "vivid" as an halogen.

For a couple of years leds bulbs have become the best (Soraa, LEDnovation, etc.) and the worst (cheap led bulbs with a 70 CRI) — while AFAIK most of incandescent and fluorescent have always been good  (with their own pros & cons).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:11:43 AM by Cavannus » Logged
cedup
Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #29 on: September 20, 2014, 05:51:52 AM » Author: cedup
You can't trust Philips' website since they are the ones responsible for many of the lies about L.E.D.s to promote sales of their products. The rated life is best-case scenario in optimal conditions, the light output is when the lamp is new, and the lamp is assembled in the U.S.A. with parts made in China. Philips is a very sneaky company that is looking to make money by tricking the consumer.
nothing at all what you say about Philips.  they pioneered most of what is out there in LED.  Nothing "sneaky".  I have PHILIPS Lumileds on for 7 years 24/7 3 1 W HB in Hera cabinet pucks 11 of them, flawless,  perfect color, all stay BRIGHT 7 years!  24/7.  Great stuff by Philips.  Hera is made in Germany for the housing, Philips LumiLEDS are flawless 3300K or so.  PERFECT
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies