Author Topic: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures  (Read 22792 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 10:23:30 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Oh yeah, I remember that! That wasn't a deliberate off topic post, though. We just kind of swayed over to that topic somehow. I think people should be able to have their own separate conversations as long as the original post is of a light. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:26:31 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged

"If people only knew how much I secretly hated them, they'd love me for holding it in." -Matt Groening

themaritimegirl

View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 10:27:54 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Right. Something like this I think is totally fine.

Regarding the lucid dream conversation, I'm not sure I would categorize it the same way, since that was a thread of off-topic comments on a photo, rather than the posting of an off-topic photo itself. Even though the comments populated the Last Comments section of the home-page, at least it promoted the picture itself, which was on-topic. And it didn't bother the Last Uploads section, where (I assume), people usually look for new pictures.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

merc

View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 11:22:30 PM » Author: merc
2.9 Wink

OK, if there's a bird on a street light or a cat near a lantern. But there should always be something lighting related.
Btw. IMHO, if someone is really into fluorescents, good! But please don't upload so many lamps of the same type.

Not a misoLEDist...

Kappa7

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 12:15:43 AM » Author: Kappa7
I go for #2
Danny

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:09:12 AM » Author: Danny
Inbetween 2 and 3,

Im more toward 3 for the gallery Baring in mind the off topic forum is for off topic pictures.
Bulb Freak

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 05:45:36 AM » Author: Bulb Freak
I would like to point out while there is an off topic forum there is no off topic Gallery page and I think there should be somthing like that since not every one checks the fourm offten, regarding an offtopic space in the gallery the User should be able to toggle wether or not they can see pics in it so say some one dosent like the pics of a shaver battery they can just toggle off the off topic sectoin and for peeps who dont mind can leave it on  Smiley

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:08 AM » Author: dor123
I would like to point out while there is an off topic forum there is no off topic Gallery page and I think there should be somthing like that since not every one checks the fourm offten, regarding an offtopic space in the gallery the User should be able to toggle wether or not they can see pics in it so say some one dosent like the pics of a shaver battery they can just toggle off the off topic sectoin and for peeps who dont mind can leave it on  Smiley
+1
I think that it is possible that there would be an off-topic gallery that won't be visible to guests and the pictures and videos that uploaded into it, wouldn't appear in the main and the gallery page.
Posting pictures in the forum is much more complicated that in the gallery. Also, the picture won't appear inside your gallery.
The only way that I can post off-topic pictures in the forum, is by uploading the pictures to Picasa web albums and similar websites, and embed it in the post.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:18:31 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

merc

View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 10:37:14 AM » Author: merc
And what about a checkbox: "I confirm that the picture I've just uploaded is lighting related". (Explained clearly, what does "lighting related" mean.) Unchecked by default.
When not checked, that picture would be marked as off-topic. (Could be modified later if someone unchecked it accidentally and vice versa.)

And on the main page another checkbox: Show off-topic pictures. (Again, unchecked by default.) This way, everybody could decide, if they want see off topic pictures or not.
I don't know, if this could be accomplished in SMF easily. I might try to find out.

Not a misoLEDist...

jercar954

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 12:19:56 PM » Author: jercar954
#3 with an exception. Pets are okay to be photographed with lighting subjects. For example, a cat guarding a box of Mainlighters would be cute.

Preheat and T-12 fluorescents forever! Down with LED's and instant start T-8 fluorescents.

Andy

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 03:37:42 PM » Author: Andy
I would prefer option 3.

If there happens to be an animal in the picture of a lighting related item that is fine, but if i want to see endless photos of cats, birds and old batteries I can use Google images.

My main area of interest is vintage fluorescent and mercury lamps. Always interested in doing lamp trades - just let me know! Smiley

Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 07:27:16 PM » Author: Patrick
We might be able to do something to allow off-topic photos to be posted in the gallery, perhaps with some kind of option to show/hide as suggested, or we could simply exclude them from Last Upload, Last Comments, etc.  You'd be able to browse Off-Topic just like you can browse Lamps, Lanterns, Gear, etc, but they wouldn't clutter up the home page.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Alights

View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 08:02:52 PM » Author: Alights
You know I like that idea Patrick
dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 08:56:52 PM » Author: dor123
^+1

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Danny

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 12:47:37 AM » Author: Danny
That sounds good!
LampLover

View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 04:09:03 PM » Author: LampLover
I'd Say #2

LED Free Zone!
All For HID and old-school electronic Only

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines