Author Topic: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures  (Read 22790 times)
Danny

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #60 on: February 21, 2015, 05:44:23 PM » Author: Danny
Anything not lighting related should be deleted. Includes make shift street lights from daft games. The only off topic photo we should have up here is at least one picture of yourselfs if you wished to share it.
themaritimegirl

View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #61 on: February 21, 2015, 05:48:02 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I would have thought such "virtual" light fixtures would be okay, but perhaps that mindset is in the minority.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Mercurylamps

View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 05:56:17 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I come here to show my lighting pictures and observe everyone else's. I do have other interests but I like to just keep to lighting here and would only use off topic section for nothing lighting related. It's called Lighting Gallery after all. Wink
Kev

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #63 on: February 22, 2015, 04:27:16 AM » Author: Kev
Because they are SH*T and not real lights.

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

Danny

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #64 on: February 22, 2015, 04:30:42 AM » Author: Danny
lol ^
FrontSideBus

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #65 on: February 22, 2015, 05:29:17 AM » Author: FrontSideBus
Just say it how it is, don't hold back Smiley

UK out of the EU!
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11271

Patrick
Webmaster

View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #66 on: February 22, 2015, 10:12:01 PM » Author: Patrick
They are a bit of a gray area.  Lights from games are not real lights, just like a drawing.  Years ago a decision was made that drawings should be kept out of the gallery.  That being said, some video game streetlights are based on real lights, and it could be interesting to discuss how the game designers chose to represent street lighting.  Then there's the issue of quality.  Often the resolution and detail level of these kind of screen captures aren't very good.  It's also a niche topic that the majority of our members probably are not interested in.  Short of an official rule, I'd say keep them to a minimum.  If you're upload a few and that's it, no big deal.  However, if it's 10s or 100s, that's too many.   

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

don93s

View Gallery

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #67 on: February 24, 2015, 11:16:56 PM » Author: don93s
+1 to both comments. It ticks me off, too. I especially hate it when I upload a photo (and I upload all of one photo every week or two now), and 10 minutes later it's pushed off the front page by someone who uploaded 10 photos all at once. When that happens I'll actually remove the photo and re-upload it, unless it already has a comment. It's actually just happened to my latest photo I just uploaded, so I'm going to do it now...

In the early days of this site, there was no upload limit and there were a couple of members who would easily fill up almost two full pages with some of the most redundant pics you could imagine! Shocked I, among others, were begging the admins to put a limit on the number of uploads daily. But it was only a couple of members who would abuse it.
themaritimegirl

View Gallery

Florence

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #68 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:53 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Wow, I can imagine that... Shocked That must have been frustrating.

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #69 on: February 25, 2015, 02:47:04 AM » Author: dor123
I did the maximum I can, and made the Off-Topic Pictures and Off-Topic Video albums, visible only for registered members. However, in the LG homepage, pictures inside registered members and private albums, can appear for guests (and members in case of private albums) as well.
I deleted some of my off-topic pictures, to get a free space for LG servers. However I didn't deleted any of my off-topic videos, as being Youtube videos, they consumes only tens of KBs in LG.
I also uploads very few off-topic videos.
What thats happens, is that several members, uploading off-topic pictures simultaneously, and the gallery being flooded by non lighting related pictures, as a result.
Like most member said, a dedicated gallery for off-topic picture, which isn't visible in the LG homepage, and wouldn't be prominent at the gallery page, would be reasonable.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:50:53 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Al_M

View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #70 on: February 25, 2015, 04:46:45 AM » Author: Al_M
I agree with Trencheel in regards to Facebook. I don't understand the need to put off-topic pics and videos on a website dedicated to lighting when you can post them to your hearts content on Facebook along with billions of other cat photos, photos of your attempt at making dinner and all the other photos and videos of crap that people post on FB. Leave Lighting Gallery to lighting please.

Traffic signals & street lighting engineer. Please bring SOX/LPS back Downunder!!

Solanaceae

View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #71 on: April 03, 2015, 09:33:39 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I say#1. What's the point of an off topic section if people are going to complain. It's people's own problems if they use their daily quota up.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

themaritimegirl

View Gallery

Florence

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #72 on: April 04, 2015, 06:13:10 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
I say#1. What's the point of an off topic section if people are going to complain. It's people's own problems if they use their daily quota up.

This topic is irrelevant now. The question was asked back before we had the off-topic gallery. #3 has been the de-facto decision now that we have that.

subway5411

View Gallery

Brett

brettb5411 subway5411 brettb_5411
Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #73 on: May 17, 2015, 05:27:52 PM » Author: subway5411
What if the off topic pictures section wasn't displayed on the front page, such as in "recent uploads"
themaritimegirl

View Gallery

Florence

Re: Survey: Off-Topic Pictures « Reply #74 on: May 17, 2015, 05:51:36 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
What if the off topic pictures section wasn't displayed on the front page, such as in "recent uploads"

It's not...  Huh? Huh?

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines