Author Topic: I have just been informed that...  (Read 2273 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

I have just been informed that... « on: December 16, 2014, 05:20:01 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
My JVC KD-D30 is in dire need of new belts. I have fixed many a VCR, but never in my life have I replaced a tape deck belt. Does anybody have any advice?
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: I have just been informed that... « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:10:10 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Shouldn't be any harder than it was to change the belts in my Aiwa AD-F770, which is notorious for having extremely difficult belt access.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I have just been informed that... « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:06:27 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Oh yay. Tomorrow, I will be joining the forum Vintage Electronics.Betamax Collectors.com. Maybe they can help me.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: I have just been informed that... « Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:32:30 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Well, I meant that it should therefore be fairly straightforward.  :P The first thing I would do is remove the cover and see if the belts are obvious to remove and insert, without having to take it apart any further. If not, I'd google the make and model and see if other people have made tutorials or taken pictures or video of the belt-replacing process. Might also be worth seeing if someone has a service manual you can download.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I have just been informed that... « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:13:56 PM » Author: jrmcferren
Belt changes should be simple, try finding the service information. If you can handle the mechanical side of a VCR, you should be able to do an audio deck belt change easy.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies