Author Topic: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so!  (Read 4891 times)
TudorWhiz

View Gallery

GoL
Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « on: December 14, 2007, 01:38:59 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
To help you reduce the MB or the KB size of the picture, go to

8 Easy Steps to save space by reducing memory size but keep the physical size

which I created myself, I hope you like what I have made!

Feedbacks will be appreciated!  Grin

(is the next page not showing when you press next? Just wait it may be slow loading.....)

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

SeanB~1

View Gallery

Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 02:22:30 PM » Author: SeanB~1
ROFLMAO Jace, very nice!

Myself, open image using GIMP, then resize to 640 by 480 after cropping image. Select save as, select jpeg and use advanced tab to change quality to around 80% and smoothing to around same, gives file size of under 100k. Otherwise do overkill method and use Photoshop to do same, with performance and features totally over what is required, plus GIMP is free!

Of course, selecting the other pages of your comic without enabling javascript is rather difficult, those nice buttons won't work without scripting enabled.

Hooray for the good comix, you can see the pix at the following url
http://fiveninety.dyndns.org/~tudorwhiz/PixSaver/pages/Page_1.jpg just change the 1 though to 5 to see the pages.
icefoglights

View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:35:28 PM » Author: icefoglights
Becomming more and more lossy each time  Tongue
Gotta love MS Paint's JPEG compressor  Wink

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

FGS

View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 11:28:54 AM » Author: FGS
You can use Paint to inspect the picture you took to make sure it's not out of focus or anything like that. When you like it just ctrl+s to save it. It won't show but the file size get smaller. MS Paint is my favorite software to use for inspection and compression. Dunno about the Mac users though.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

TudorWhiz

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:48:18 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I chose this method as its easiest for a lot of people. And not everyone has the expensive programs, or uses opensources. So I chose this since more people have Windows and there is most often good chance there's Paint in it....

Wanted to make it as easy as possible....

I use SeaShore for my Mac as a Photoshop program, also I use the Preview that comes with the Mac OS X and all I do is open the program, press Save as into JPG and on the Save. it has a slide bar to change quality, lower it makes it lower memory...

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

prawnman88

View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 08:15:00 AM » Author: prawnman88
jayce thank u for making this i just used it and wow thats pretty kool !! thank u for the help rich b
dp
Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 07:39:55 AM » Author: dp
Well I have my own way of compressing and reducing image sizes...

Image Resizer on this page works well on Windows XP. Choose 640x480 for your file size and reduce it's size with this, I started doing this and find it uploads faster and that the file sizes have reduced greatly.

It only works on Windows XP, but if you have Windows XP it is worth a shot I think.  Tongue
TudorWhiz

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 08:05:19 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
DP, your way is changing the PHYSICAL size, and you won't be able to click on the picture to "zoom in"

640 x 480 is WAY too small!

I use 3264 x 2448 pixels in most of my current pictures but yet they are only like 900 KB of memory....that's what my way does it...

dp
Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 08:21:27 AM » Author: dp
Shocked oops sorry I didn't think that at first.  It must be the heat getting to me today. Tongue
form109
Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:08:54 PM » Author: form109
thanks for this Advice Jace....now i can use 5M! Grin
TudorWhiz

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Need help reducing file memory size? I can show you easy way to do so! « Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 12:47:14 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
thanks for this Advice Jace....now i can use 5M! Grin

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines