Author Topic: Ballasting 4,6,8, and 13 watt fluorescent lamps with resistor  (Read 4929 times)
Keyless

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ballasting 4,6,8, and 13 watt fluorescent lamps with resistor « Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 07:30:57 PM » Author: Keyless
180 ohms 10w resistor in this nice strip. Has 2 capacitors & 2 diodes in the circuit & even has a fuse.

I needed this!  ;)

Does anyone have the schematic diagram to this btw?

I was thinking of doing the same but deemed it impractical, however seeing that this has indeed been commercially attempted I want to copy it.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Ballasting 4,6,8, and 13 watt fluorescent lamps with resistor « Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 04:31:32 AM » Author: lights*plus
Er, sorry for the late reply. Don't have a schematic, probably a 1990s strip. But if you wish, I can take a few more pics with extra closups. Let me know and I'll pry it apart.
Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Ballasting 4,6,8, and 13 watt fluorescent lamps with resistor « Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 02:00:29 AM » Author: Men of God
我曾经也见过电容和电容式的镇流器,淘宝网上发现的20多年前生产的F8T5的荧光灯,里面就只有一个电阻替代镇流器。这两张图是中国在1974年出版的《日光灯镇流器基础知识》里找到的,自己根据表格列出的参数然后再减半试试吧!

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ballasting 4,6,8, and 13 watt fluorescent lamps with resistor « Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 02:27:33 AM » Author: Medved
I needed this!  ;)

Does anyone have the schematic diagram to this btw?

I was thinking of doing the same but deemed it impractical, however seeing that this has indeed been commercially attempted I want to copy it.

insect killer schematic. When changing the capacitorvalues, you may get reasonable drive.

I have seen also a stick based on this circuit, where the C1 and C2 were replaced by a series combination of about 2.2uF electrolytic and about 100 Ohm 2W resistor, and the ballast inductor (drawn as R1) was replaced by a capacitor, plus some 15Ohm in series with the lamp. The series RC's formed there a kind of arc keeper circuit - fed low current to the arc when there was no curent coming fromthe mains around the zero cross ans do somewhat reduced the reignition overshoot, so less pulse stresson the lamp. The mainballasting capacitor for 230V was 1.5uF, for 120V you will likely need something around 3.3uF.
It operated 8W lamp, but for 120V mains you wont be able to go above 6W, I guess.

But in any case, these capacitive ballasted circuits generally tend to eat up the lamps pretty fast due to the peak current loading.
Making resistive on,y ballasts will lead to longer life, but those would be way larger due to thedissipated power. For resistive thebestis really to use some incandescents, it uses to yield the smallest size for a resistor based concept.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies