Author Topic: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial?  (Read 6275 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 03:05:56 PM » Author: nicksfans
If the HOA mandates a specific brand of air conditioner (which I think is asinine...that's worse than anything around here that I know of) then you are NOT going to convince them to let you put up a yardblaster. The light from a HID lamp will look out of place in a historic residential area that's mostly lit with incandescents in decorative lanterns. That said, even some of the houses in the historic parts of Anderson have utility-owned MV NEMAs in the backyards.

I'd look at leaving that place if you want freedom in outdoor lighting. You'd have to give me the house for free to get me to live in a place like that. ::)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:08:43 PM by nicksfans » Logged

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 03:24:43 PM » Author: Ash
So, the gas grills passed brutal tests at UL labs to make sure they are safe for human life at any point in the US, then come some aircon brand choosers and say that they are not safe enough for their precious condos ?

This is pathetic
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 03:37:07 PM » Author: wattMaster
So, the gas grills passed brutal tests at UL labs to make sure they are safe for human life at any point in the US, then come some aircon brand choosers and say that they are not safe enough for their precious condos ?

This is pathetic
No, maybe the condo owners were paid by Carrier, or they want to simplify the air conditioning to have fewer problems, or they want the condos to look perfectly clean, without a hodge podge of air conditioners. The Cocoa Beach condos have no limitation on the air conditioners, as far as I can tell, and it was constructed in the 60's.
And so what could I do to install a yard blaster/bucket? I don't think you are limited by the HOA if I remember.
If the HOA does not allow yard-blasters, there is the possibility of moving out to the country areas of Florida, but there are many reasons why I don't want to go there. At least it's the place for them, where I remember almost all of the houses have one, mostly HPS. I even saw a HPS yard blaster just a few roads down here, which would imply that they are allowed, but nobody wants them, so the HOA won't bother because it would be self regulating.
The Cocoa Beach condos prohibit gas grills because of reports of fires.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:41:24 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 10:36:47 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
With such organizations in the "lamd of the free" ?

Dude move to USSR
Anywhere but there.
And the HOA tells you what fence you can use, what types of grill, but there are some neighborhoods with no HOA.
I just had to check what is this HOA since l've never heard such thing and after reading I have to say... <sarcasm> wow, what a free country </sarcasm>

Atleast to me, those seems such an unnecessary and controlling organization  :(

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 11:01:54 AM » Author: wattMaster
With such organizations in the "lamd of the free" ?

Dude move to USSR
Anywhere but there.
And the HOA tells you what fence you can use, what types of grill, but there are some neighborhoods with no HOA.
I just had to check what is this HOA since l've never heard such thing and after reading I have to say... <sarcasm> wow, what a free country </sarcasm>

Atleast to me, those seems such an unnecessary and controlling organization  :(
And it's to make sure houses look good...

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 01:20:39 PM » Author: nicksfans
Fortunately HOAs only exist in some places. I hate them.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 02:57:10 PM » Author: Medved
Well, I may understand for the uniform look they want to keep all AC's as white boxes, all street side lights of certain design or so, but what is the point to restricting the AC's to only Carrier brand when practically all are the same white boxes?

No more selfballasted c***

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 02:58:58 PM » Author: wattMaster
Well, let's assume the HOA is not a problem, and what could I do to install a yardblaster?

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 05:05:20 PM » Author: Ash
Get on a ladder and screw it to a wall ?

With the HOA in place, i wonder whether they would have anything to say about the "blaster" mounted to a portable pole and powered by a plug/receptacle disconnect. That is, they definitely will _want_ it to be taken down, question is will there be any rule they can cite to back up their demands
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 05:53:40 PM » Author: wattMaster
Get on a ladder and screw it to a wall ?

With the HOA in place, i wonder whether they would have anything to say about the "blaster" mounted to a portable pole and powered by a plug/receptacle disconnect. That is, they definitely will _want_ it to be taken down, question is will there be any rule they can cite to back up their demands
That's easy.
Let's think of another scenario, what if your parents thought the blasters are industrial lighting, not for homes?

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 06:44:21 PM » Author: nicksfans
Point out that lots of homes have them? Also the light will look less industrial with a coated lamp.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 10:42:16 PM » Author: wattMaster
Point out that lots of homes have them? Also the light will look less industrial with a coated lamp.
That's good. They seem to be a little uncommon, but you can find them.
I would likely want a coated MV with a probe start MH ballast.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 10:45:48 PM » Author: nicksfans
Must be dependent on the area... they're quite common on and around homes where I live.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 10:46:44 PM » Author: wattMaster
I would say, 1 per 20 homes. What's your estimated rate?

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Are Fluorescent Fixtures Industrial? « Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 10:49:33 PM » Author: nicksfans
Maybe 1 per 5-10 homes depending on the neighborhood. The really fancy neighborhoods don't normally have them though.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies