Author Topic: Too much lamps?  (Read 6257 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 09:36:32 AM » Author: Rommie
You can't have too many lamps, but you can have not enough space  ;D

If only moving wasn't so expensive  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 03:46:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Balancing the books
To see how it looks
We’ve spent quite a lot
And what have we got
More lamps in addition
That’ll boost our collection

I thought that this poem was appropriate to the topic.  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 08:32:14 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
You can't have too many lamps, but you can have not enough space  ;D

If only moving wasn't so expensive  :-\

I agree, lamps are like potato chips, you can't have just one.....dozen  !!!! I personally couldn't imagine moving all of the stuff I have !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 06:51:04 AM » Author: Rommie
I agree, lamps are like potato chips, you can't have just one.....dozen  !!!! I personally couldn't imagine moving all of the stuff I have !
Absolutely..! Another SOX lamp just arrived this morning, a 91W SOX-E, so that's another one ticked off the wattage ratings list, only the 10W (fat chance  :-\) and the 131W SOX-E to go, then that will be all the SOX ratings. Then we start trying for the 60W & 200W SLI lamps, then we might have a go at getting all the different ratings from each manufacturer, as the ones we have are a mixture  ;D

I doubt we'll ever get all the SO/H and SOI/H ratings, but we'll have a go..!

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 04:56:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I doubt we'll ever get all the SO/H and SOI/H ratings, but we'll have a go..!
I don't even remember seeing them on eBay...  :'(

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 08:40:03 PM » Author: 589
The space isn’t the problem for me, it’s the financial cost. I have expensive taste... for SOX and MV.

I have most of my lamps in flip top bins on shelving units with the 135w+ SOX in gun cases. Fixtures are fit into whatever size box I can find. Cobraheads fit well on a scalloped diaper changing pad lol.

:lps:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 07:57:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The space isn’t the problem for me, it’s the financial cost. I have expensive taste... for SOX and MV.

I have most of my lamps in flip top bins on shelving units with the 135w+ SOX in gun cases. Fixtures are fit into whatever size box I can find. Cobraheads fit well on a scalloped diaper changing pad
lol.
I'm going to make a box on wheels that will slide under our bed for the longer lamps.  :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 03:45:23 AM » Author: Michael
I already did run out space for my lamps and fixtures. Especially because I had to move a part of it to another location. Finally I found plenty space in our (company) former street lighting storage room but that’s only a temporary solution.

I do need to sell off most of the lamps which I got in plenty numbers like new old stock 80W mercury lamps which I have 120 of them.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #23 on: January 11, 2020, 04:49:03 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I tried sell locally (in Finnish auction site) a bunch of (60pce) unused 75w & 100w incandescents 5 EUR +shipping for the whole bunch and despite it was there for several months nobody was interested.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #24 on: January 11, 2020, 08:54:03 AM » Author: Rommie
I already did run out space for my lamps and fixtures. Especially because I had to move a part of it to another location. Finally I found plenty space in our (company) former street lighting storage room but that’s only a temporary solution.

I do need to sell off most of the lamps which I got in plenty numbers like new old stock 80W mercury lamps which I have 120 of them.
I might be interested in a few of those Michael, although probably not 120 of them  :o :D

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 12:54:08 PM » Author: Men of God
存放空间不够几乎是每个收藏爱好者的通病,从最初的只在我房间(次卧)摆放,灯架放到床底下,然后到现在几乎摆满了我家全部的房间,主卧也摆了一部分,现在大部分都已经摆到客厅了。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 04:53:25 AM » Author: Michael
I might be interested in a few of those Michael, although probably not 120 of them  :o :D
[/quote

I can send you a couple but just to inform you the shipping is CHF 34.- for an economy parcel of max. 2kg. and CHF 42.- for 5kg.  :-\
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 04:56:50 AM » Author: Michael
存放空间不够几乎是每个收藏爱好者的通病,从最初的只在我房间(次卧)摆放,灯架放到床底下,然后到现在几乎摆满了我家全部的房间,主卧也摆了一部分,现在大部分都已经摆到客厅了。

I did try to avoid keeping my lamps in the apartment but now I put some of the best ones as a display in the living room. Other lamps and fixtures are now stored in four different locations.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #28 on: January 12, 2020, 08:43:11 AM » Author: Rommie
I can send you a couple but just to inform you the shipping is CHF 34.- for an economy parcel of max. 2kg. and CHF 42.- for 5kg.  :-\
Hmmm, I think I'll have to pass at that price right now, we have a set of spectral lamps to save up for..!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Too much lamps? « Reply #29 on: January 20, 2020, 05:42:13 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I did try to avoid keeping my lamps in the apartment but now I put some of the best ones as a display in the living room. Other lamps and fixtures are now stored in four different locations.
I'm going to be putting up some shelving in our living room to display some of our more special lamps on.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies