Author Topic: Private Albums  (Read 19933 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 06:38:51 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I don’t get it why waste site speed when nobody gets to see it but yourself?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 06:47:36 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I don’t get it why waste site speed when nobody gets to see it but yourself?

I think I know why you brought this up lol. Interesting how their pictures show up in the forum page but when I click on it, it tells me I need to log in with a username that has permission to view it. I have gotten a couple emails saying this member who I believe we are both referring to, has commented on a picture I am subscribed to. But when I click on the link to view the comment, same thing. Tells me I need to log in with a username that has permission to view it.

One other thing. Think about this for a minute.
This specific member never replies to comments on their photos before. Now after they set their gallery to private they start replying. Probably knowing that nobody can reply back.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 06:50:21 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
...I think I know why you brought this up lol. Interesting how their pictures show up in the forum page but when I click on it, it tells me I need to log in with a username that has permission to view it....

THIS

I have noticed that too. Peoples private post appear on the home page and wont open if clicked and they dont show in the gallery page. This must be a bug.

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 06:54:22 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
THIS

I have noticed that too. Peoples private post appear on the home page and wont open if clicked and they dont show in the gallery page. This must be a bug.

I just find it annoying that this person never replies to my comments before. Now that their gallery is private and I can't comment back they reply. Seems kind of cowardly. If that is the correct word I'm looking for?
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 06:58:03 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I can see how that would be annoying for sure. I'm not sure who it is myself, I just assumed whenever it happened it was just some bug. I haven't had anyone comment to me on anything hidden though. Are they aware it's set to private?

If its anything malicious they are doing, ask an admin to see what the comment was. They can see all private posts as if normal. If I was admin I'd help you out

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Private Albums « Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 07:04:56 PM » Author: joseph_125
Well there's a commented pic in last comments if you go on the forum main page that you can't access right now as of this posting because the album has been set to me only.

I believe Patrick actually sent a PM regarding fully private albums, that you either use them temporarily or remove them as the site is not intended for personal storage. So what they're doing is technically not in the spirit of LG anyway.

Anyways I've gotten rid of my private album that I used to keep "work in progress" pictures after that, most of the pictures got moved to a public album anyway and the truly redundant ones got removed.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 07:12:06 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Oh I see it now.

Looks like the feature is being abused. Letting Patrick or Rudy know about it is probably your best option.

Administrator #5

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 07:35:04 PM » Author: High Intensity
I'm not sure if this is against the rules (i assume not since these photos are being seen), but i've started using the private album for attaching photos to other posts (Seen here for example), my main reasons for this is that now i won't have to worry about the 3rd party site changing their URL (something that has happened to me before). It also means i don't have to worry about policy changes on said 3rd party sites.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Private Albums « Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 07:38:19 PM » Author: Binarix128
I use that feature when I need to quickly insert a pic from my computer into a comment, actually everyone can "see it".
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #24 on: May 25, 2020, 07:50:10 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I dont think using it the way you both have is misuse. But setting all your pics to hidden and still commenting on them is considered misuse as is being done by someone.

The hidden pics are only seen on forum home due to a bug but if clicked you dont have permission to view and they wont appear in actual gallery

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #25 on: May 25, 2020, 07:53:22 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I dont think using it the way you both have is misuse. But setting all your pics to hidden and still commenting on them is considered misuse as is being done by someone.

The hidden pics are only seen on forum home due to a bug but if clicked you dont have permission to view and they wont appear in actual gallery

Exactly. I feel this certain member is abusing it. They never used to reply to comments before. Now that their gallery is private they started replying. And I can't click on it to see it or reply back. I said it before I think. This member will be a never ending problem here.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Private Albums « Reply #26 on: May 25, 2020, 09:14:42 PM » Author: joseph_125

Yeah, one of my main uses for the private album was just to hold various images that I've used to reply to comments with. Another use I thought of is if you wanted to upload a batch of images at one time but not flood the main page, you could upload them all as private and then set them to public a week later to avoid flooding the last uploaded.

Exactly. I feel this certain member is abusing it. They never used to reply to comments before. Now that their gallery is private they started replying. And I can't click on it to see it or reply back. I said it before I think. This member will be a never ending problem here.

To be honest, the silver lining in this is we won't be able to see their pictures in the gallery anymore and they'll probably get bored of the site as no one will be commenting on images they can't view.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:01:46 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Private Albums « Reply #27 on: May 25, 2020, 10:30:12 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Yes agreed there is lots of nice content to enjoy on here by our regulars. i put up a pic of my sox wallpacks which take those sox18s i bought from you, Finally got the fixtures finished. Shameless plug lol

Administrator #5

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Private Albums « Reply #28 on: May 26, 2020, 11:22:28 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
(post deleted)
(as most of it was basically a duplicate from one on the first page I didn't realize was there)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:10:24 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Private Albums « Reply #29 on: May 26, 2020, 12:25:17 PM » Author: Rommie
You should only get "No permission" type messages if you're not logged in and try to view someone's albums that are only open to logged in members. Mine are like this simply because it's the only way I can keep my uploads off the FarceBuke feed.

You will also get it if you do come across a private album, the only reason I have one is for somewhere to put photos that need cropping or otherwise editing before being moved to a visible album.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies