Author Topic: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> -  (Read 12376 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 12:12:26 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Mines in two parts:

Bulbman is a simple yet sort of slightly inconspicuous way that says a bulb collector .

256 is 2 to the power of 8 and powers of two is what i have used for most of my usernames in the past.

May change it to Mad Max as the theater teacher/director on the play/musical called me as a nickname whenever i did tech work on stage lights for the shows.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 01:44:41 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I was obsessed with the RSW fixture at the time, I also LOVE the state of Maine. The Maine area code is 207, hence my username CreeRSW207. I am thinking on some Incandescent or HID name though.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 03:17:12 PM » Author: Rommie
Just realised my entry on this topic is out of date as I changed my username. It's obvious now, really, I love SOX lamps and the wattage I have most of is 35W so there it is.

Simple, a bit like me  :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 09:34:30 PM » Author: LightsDelight
Mine is very simple, its just two words that rhyme. I didn't really put too much effort into it so I just came up with LightsDelight.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #34 on: August 20, 2020, 06:31:49 PM » Author: Jovan
Mine comes from my name
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 12:23:15 AM » Author: Binarix128
Mine one comes from a random nickname that I invented for a game (Xbinary), then it changed to Binarix and then I added my favorite number, and it ended like this: (Binarix128)
Make

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #36 on: August 22, 2020, 02:12:45 PM » Author: Make
In Finnish, Make is a common nickname for a man. I am also called by it. I just didn’t think it also meant something in English...
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #37 on: August 22, 2020, 02:45:41 PM » Author: Rommie
In Finnish, Make is a common nickname for a man. I am also called by it. I just didn’t think it also meant something in English...
As far as I know, make just means to make stuff over here :lol:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #38 on: August 22, 2020, 03:08:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As I'm learning the mandolin and I'm a girl, my user name is self explanatory..

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #39 on: August 24, 2020, 12:33:17 AM » Author: joseph_125
Mine is pretty self explanatory, it's my name. The 125 is from a 125w mercury lamp I got at the time, a less common wattage in the US but oddly used a bit in Canada.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #40 on: August 24, 2020, 12:15:47 PM » Author: 589
My favorite wavelength of light  :)

:lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #41 on: August 24, 2020, 12:56:56 PM » Author: Rommie
My favorite wavelength of light  :)
Can't argue with that  8) ;D :lps:

Wireman
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #42 on: August 27, 2020, 09:24:30 PM » Author: Wireman
Years ago when I got accepted into the IBEW(electricians union) training program my job title was "Inside Wireman". About that time the internet was becoming mainstream and I was so excited about finally becoming an electrician that I created the internet name Wireman31. When I joined LG I just simply dropped the 31. That's the number of the street I grew up on.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #43 on: August 31, 2020, 04:41:07 PM » Author: Michael
Don’t know anymore why I call myself monkeyface.
In fact I have a couple of nicknames depending on with who I am around but nobody calls me monkeyface. My nickname for those folks on the festival ground I work for was and still is Sparky and Powerdanger.
WigWag
Re: -<{[ORIGINS OF USERNAME]}> - « Reply #44 on: October 18, 2020, 09:27:11 PM » Author: WigWag
I always loved railroad crossings and recall in days gone by, the signs used to swing back and forth. Also, early long haul truckers had wigwags that would drop in front of them that they had no air for the air brakes. The term always made me laugh, so there it is!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies