Author Topic: Sylvania begins making LEDs in the USA  (Read 4521 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Sylvania begins making LEDs in the USA « Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 08:03:41 AM » Author: dor123
Glass LED lamps are also more environment friendly, as glass is made from sand, and plastic from oil.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Sylvania begins making LEDs in the USA « Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 02:15:20 AM » Author: Silverliner
I'm considering these American made LED's.  I might start with some 40 watt equivalents for a small lamp in the kitchen that I run most of the day.  I'll probably go with larger amounts of 60 watt equivalents to use in the lake house when the renovations bring new light fixtures.  I'm pleased to see an effort by Sylvania to keep production in the USA.

These bulbs are some of the best looking LED's yet.  They use the characteristic glass soft white envelopes with the same soft white coating Sylvania has used for years. :)  I like glass LED's more than plastic since they look more like classic incandescents.  As far as I know, the 75 and 100 watt replacements are larger than A19.

The 75w equivalent 10 year life rated ones are A19, the 100w is A21. The 22 year rated ones are A21 in both aforementioned wattage equivalents.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Sylvania begins making LEDs in the USA « Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 01:18:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'm hoping to see actual Sylvania branded LED's made at the St. Marys factory.  The Great Value ones are exciting to see now, and I'm looking forward to see a "Sylvania" LED filament bulb with "USA" stamped on it.  I would buy lots of those  ;)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Sylvania begins making LEDs in the USA « Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 04:41:25 PM » Author: Silverliner
They're already appearing in the Wallys here. Will post a pic of one later today. They don't say USA on the etches but many of Sylvania's bulbs don't have the country of origin marked on them anyway.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Sylvania begins making LEDs in the USA « Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 08:56:28 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'm seriously considering some of these new Sylvania LED's for my bathroom light.  It takes 4 bulbs.  I put in 4 new 75 watt GE's and one of them burnt out today after just two days of ordinary use.  I'm definitely going with Sylvania or Philips LED's now that I know GE is doing away with its lighting industry all together.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Sylvania begins making LEDs in the USA « Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 03:59:29 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's a picture of an 11 watt (100 watt replacement) American Sylvania LED I just bought yesterday at Walmart.  It looks similar in size to an A21 incandescent and has a tacky plastic ring around the base.  The light is pleasant, but it's not as compact or as refined as the Philips LED's I also bought recently.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies