Author Topic: GE Discontinuing the Lighting Divison  (Read 4911 times)
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Discontinuing the Lighting Divison « Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 12:06:31 AM » Author: takemorepills
that's a lot of reading
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GE Discontinuing the Lighting Divison « Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 01:25:57 AM » Author: RyanF40T12

I guess the point to my long-winded rant is that GE may still be manufacturing lighting products but they gave up on it some 20 years ago. I guess we're all blind for not seeing this day coming. I always had hope that they'd straighten out and take over as leader once again. Pretty naive of me but GE products had always run deep in my family. My grandfather had GE everything and so did my great-grandfather. My great-grandpa worked for the electric company and they too were GE nuts. GE was the best of the best and everyone swore by them. Now there are not many GE products I would put my reputation on. Their fluorescent lamps are about it. And that's only because they're better than the competition. Doesn't necessarily mean they're anything incredible...

That is essentially what has happened all around in all the industries.  The stock holders and board of directors and what not want profit, and they don't care about what shortcuts have to be taken to achieve it.  Brand loyalty is a thing of the past now, for many things. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: GE Discontinuing the Lighting Divison « Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 03:03:12 AM » Author: Silverliner
I held a 2008 GE M250R2 100w HPS unit that a friend just rescued from a LED conversion. Boy that thing was so light I swear I could hold it with my little finger. GE is still the most common make for street lights here in Southern California, even for LED.

The new buyer might be licensed to use the GE brand, like the new owner of the GE appliance division has the rights to the GE brand for 40 years.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies