Author Topic: What type of Multimeters do you have?  (Read 4115 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 12:47:40 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
PAT is Portable Appliance Testing, its an electrical safety test for everything with a plug on it in the UK!, be it a kettle or a drinks machine.
Although more important in commercial work places than the average home, where alot of different people will use each appliance.
The PAT testing meter will test everything from the earth bonding of the appliance, the insulation of the wiring both inside and outside, and earth leakage currents as each appliance ages over the years.

Portable Appliance Test Testing...  :D

That's as bad as saying PIN number... ::)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 12:30:41 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well, a few months ago in Christmas 2018, I now have a Southwire TechnicianPRO Category IV TrueRMS multimeter. And its awesome!

And the orange one I got, that one I was using while I was doing the Penn Foster stuff. So my multimeter is quite growing a bit.

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4724&pos=0&pid=156221
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:33:44 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 06:19:33 PM » Author: Jovan
I have Mastech MS8217 multimeter.
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 11:16:48 PM » Author: LightsDelight
Fluke TS-600
Crappy jaycar one for when working on radios and TVs in case something goes wrong so I don't blow up my good meter

Keep discharge lighting alive

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 12:42:33 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I actually have none at the moment because I nuked my cheap harbor freight multimeter on accident lmao.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 12:57:13 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have a Sperry Digisnap DSA-400 and a Klein Tools MM600

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 03:35:54 AM » Author: joseph_125
Nothing special here, just a old Mastercraft (Canadian Tire house brand)one and a small pocket size Uni-T one for DC electronics. Would like to get something nice for AC work though.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 04:14:36 AM » Author: Michael
Fluke 87/III from 2001.
I got it as a gift for my successful graduation as a lineman (power grid electrician)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 09:20:08 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The one I use on a daily basis is one I got from Maplins a few years ago, I think it's one of their own brand ones, it's badged "Precision Gold" and has the Maplin product ID of N56FU. It seems to work well, it has a capacitance range, which is useful for testing PFC capacitors, and an inbuilt thermometer, which  I have long since lost the probe for  ::)

We've only just changed the battery in it, and as far as Ria can remember that's the first time since buying it.!  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What type of Multimeters do you have? « Reply #24 on: November 28, 2019, 12:19:59 AM » Author: takemorepills
Rigol DM3058E
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies