Author Topic: What would you have in your dream house?  (Read 22013 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #90 on: April 11, 2021, 01:03:56 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I would want a house similar to the one I live in, but a bit bigger, with D50 LED bulbs (95+ CRI natural daylight photo bulbs).   :snowcone: I’m not using up any of the old stuff!  ;D :mrg:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #91 on: April 11, 2021, 08:39:55 AM » Author: Rommie
I would definitely modify a bedroom into a "rain" room. I love rain and thunderstorms, so I'd invest in top quality theater surround sound system for the right sound effects, then I'd have to figure out a way to wire a fixture at the windows to simulate lightning. I'd also have a sprinkler hitting the glass of the windows. Yup, I'm THAT kind of crazy  :o
That sort of thing is ok I suppose as long as I'm not out in it  :poof:  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #92 on: April 11, 2021, 08:41:38 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I always hide in the closet whenever there’s a thunderstorm.  :mrg:
The fear comes from a nasty experience I had with a storm that I’d rather not talk about.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #93 on: April 12, 2021, 09:08:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
After riding out a F1 tornado last April, I'd definitely have a storm shelter in my house. It would probably be the laundry room, bathroom, and closet in the interior of the house, far away from windows and exterior walls.

A few other luxurious additions for my dream bedroom, bathroom, and closet would be:

King sized Serta iComfort mattress.
Automated blackout curtains.
A Zephyr Casablanca remote control ceiling fan.
Lamps with Philips Wiz LED smart bulbs.
Accent torch lamps with dimmable T3 halogens. (Halogen light is relaxing when dimmed)

Tile shower with rain shower shower head and a steam sauna feature.
Jacuzzi tub with jets.
Separate water closet with American Standard toilet and a bidet.
Dimmable incandescent lights for relaxing baths.
Plenty of cabinet space for extra towels.
A mirror with a built in night light and digital clock.

Walk in closet with daylight F40T12 preheat fluorescents (GE Starcoat or Philips Alto to see what colors my clothes are)
Adjustable shelf track shelves for folded clothes and hanging clothes.
A space for my accessories including hats and belts.
Large laundry basket.
Fold down iron board. No more wrinkled clothes ;)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #94 on: April 12, 2021, 10:05:33 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
After riding out a F1 tornado last April, I'd definitely have a storm shelter in my house. It would probably be the laundry room, bathroom, and closet in the interior of the house, far away from windows and exterior walls.

A few other luxurious additions for my dream bedroom, bathroom, and closet would be:

King sized Serta iComfort mattress.
Automated blackout curtains.
A Zephyr Casablanca remote control ceiling fan.
Lamps with Philips Wiz LED smart bulbs.
Accent torch lamps with dimmable T3 halogens. (Halogen light is relaxing when dimmed)

Tile shower with rain shower shower head and a steam sauna feature.
Jacuzzi tub with jets.
Separate water closet with American Standard toilet and a bidet.
Dimmable incandescent lights for relaxing baths.
Plenty of cabinet space for extra towels.
A mirror with a built in night light and digital clock.

Walk in closet with daylight F40T12 preheat fluorescents (GE Starcoat or Philips Alto to see what colors my clothes are)
Adjustable shelf track shelves for folded clothes and hanging clothes.
A space for my accessories including hats and belts.
Large laundry basket.
Fold down iron board. No more wrinkled clothes ;)

All sounds pretty good to me!
The only thing I would personally add in would be a lighted toilet. :laugh:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #95 on: April 13, 2021, 09:25:35 AM » Author: Rommie
All sounds pretty good to me!
The only thing I would personally add in would be a lighted toilet.
:laugh:
Hey, I think we've had enough of toilets around here recently  :lol:

Oops, gotta go (not easy in this outfit) :tg-toilet:  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #96 on: April 14, 2021, 10:37:53 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
After riding out a F1 tornado last April, I'd definitely have a storm shelter in my house.
Good point.

That's another thing I've thought of except... instead of a separate storm shelter, the entire house would basically be a super-reinforced bunker: tornado-proof & as close to earthquake proof as can be done. Totally overkill ofcourse since I live in a place where the chance of tornadoes is next-to-nothing .LOL.

But hey its a 'dream house', so in my crazy daydreams its a must be built that way thing :)

---------
And ofcourse in the bathrooms real toilets (ie: the old 5gal/flush ones). none of that LPF stuff allowed!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 11:30:25 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #97 on: April 15, 2021, 01:43:13 PM » Author: Econolite03
My dream house would be pretty basic. I hate living in California, so I plan on building it in Florida.

The house itself would be two stories, featuring a room specifically for my lighting collection. Every room would have (80s-90s) Casablanca ceiling fans, and in some cases have fluorescent strips hidden within built-in shelves. The house would also feature a resort style backyard featuring a covered patio, pool and hot tub, a terrace, outdoor fireplace, and of course a man-made lake behind the house. The backyard would also feature a functional aluminum pole to mount my GE M-400A to. Some of the reasons I would to consider moving to Florida is because it's cheaper to buy property there, they have Publix, and there's actually weather (thunderstorms regularly). I have visited this state a few times so I'm familiar with it.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #98 on: April 15, 2021, 02:23:05 PM » Author: Rommie
My dream house would be pretty basic. I hate living in California, so I plan on building it in Florida.
Heh, for me it would be the other way around..! Florida is far too humid for me, but I love San Francisco  :lol:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #99 on: April 29, 2021, 08:04:46 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
For the 400w high bays in my dream house, I would use 400w H33 mercury vapor HX ballasts designed for a 120v 60hz mains supply in each of them for lamp versatility in which I can choose between any long list of lamps that I want to use in the following configurations whenever I want to change the ambience in my rooms lit by these high bays:

750-1000v 2 wire parallel ignitor lamps:

400w M59 probe start metal halide (standard, colored, aquarium, and plant growth lamps)

400w Philips HPI Plus BU

330w Philips CDM AllStart

360w Philips CDM MW Eco

many more

high voltage ignitor lamps (superimposed and parallel):

400w M135/M155 pulse start quartz metal halide (standard, colored, aquarium, and plant growth lamps)

400w rare earth daylight quartz metal halide lamps except Osram HQI-T 400W/D

310w S67 high pressure sodium lamps

310w GEC Solarcolour external ignitor high pressure sodium lamps

330w Philips CDM AllStart

360w Philips CDM MW Eco

400w GE CMH SPXX

400w Philips Mastercolor CDM (Not Retro White)

many more

Lamps that do not need ignitor:

400w H33 mercury vapor lamps (all phosphors and clear lamps)

325w and 400w GE I-line retrofit metal halide lamps

340w, 350w, and 360w high pressure sodium retrofit lamps

310w S67 Iwasaki ignitron high pressure sodium

310w GEC Solarcolour high pressure sodium lamps with internal air thermal starters

400w Philips HPI BUS

many more

Superimposed ignitor with added impedance lamps (Zumtobel ZRM 400/250 ES):

250w S50 high pressure sodium lamps (standard and deluxe)

250w Iwasaki Specialux

250w GE Chromafit metal halide

250w Philips Retro White

250w Osram HQI-T and HQI-E lamps

250w GE Arcstream metal halide lamps with E39 and E40 bases

250w Venture WhiteLux

250w Philips HPI Plus BU

many more

In each of my 400w HX mercury ballasted high bay fixtures, I will use 2 outlet ports (not NEMA 15) and use plug in ignitors and links in order to easily change the ballasting configuration for whatever lamp I want to use in each high bay fixture.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies